If you’re looking for a beachy city to visit for a vacation with your significant other, check out our guide to the best beach vacations for couples.
These cities have fun and romantic attractions that are perfect for couples on vacation. From dinner cruises to secret beaches, these beach vacations are ideal.
Head to one of these locations for a honeymoon, anniversary, or a special couple’s getaway. Make the most of the exciting sights and activities as you spend time together!
Our best beach vacations for couples include…
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
Save on admission
Admission to top attractions is included in the Go City pass. You could save up to 65% on admission vs gate price.
Barcelona for couples…
- Set sail on the Mediterranean Sea and discover Barcelona’s best sights from the water onboard a Los Golondrinas Boat Cruise. This romantic tour covers nine miles of coastline from Barcelona’s beautiful beaches up to the Castle of Montjuic.
- Discover the beautiful Old Town and Gothic Quarter, Barcelona’s historic neighborhoods. Here you’ll find boutiques, sidewalk cafes and the magnificent Boqueria Market on a walking tour.
- Take a romantic bike ride through the city with a Barcelona Bike Tour – you’ll discover hidden squares among the Old Town, striking Gaudi masterpieces and enjoy the sunshine on the city’s sandy beaches.
Cancun for couples…
- Enjoy a romantic cruise with your other half in beautiful Cancun. You’ll indulge in a multi-course dinner, (either steak or vegetarian,) while enjoying an open bar and live music. Choose to sail at either sunset or moonlight – both options are lovely – and spend some quality time with your significant other.
- For a romantic daytime activity, take a sunrise stand-up paddleboard tour. See Cancun’s stunning sunrise from the ocean, as you tour the water on a stand-up paddleboard. Your expert guide will take you around the bay where you’ll get to see Mexico’s marine life. This is a unique activity that would make for a special couple’s vacation experience.
- Get a few professional photos to remember your trip. Take part in a five-minute photoshoot with a professional photographer who will edit and present you with three photos. This is the perfect way to document your couple’s vacation!
Dubai for couples…
- Couples visiting Dubai have to visit Atlantis The Palm. Enjoy a private beach where you can kick back and soak up the sun or race down thrilling water slides like Leap of Faith and Anaconda. Atlantis The Palm has everything you need to enjoy a day together.
- Jump aboard the beautiful Corniche boat and take a sunset cruise around Abu Dhabi. Enjoy views of the skyline from the water and see famous sights like Raha Beach, Samaliyah Island and Emirati Village. Spend time together cruising in the sunset, and don’t forget to take lots of photos.
Oahu for couples…
- Take a sunset dinner sail around the beautiful island of Oahu. Hop on Makani Catamaran for a sunset cruise complete with island-style dinner, complimentary drink, and wildlife sightseeing. You’ll enjoy coastal views of Oahu, plus you may see turtles, dolphins, and even humpback whales.
- What could be more romantic than a secret beach? Head to Kualoa Ranch and enjoy a few hours at their amazing secret beach. You’ll have free time to do whatever you’d like, and activities include kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding. You can also just lie back and relax on the secluded beach, go for a swim or play volleyball or ping pong.
Los Angeles for couples…
- Enjoy LA’s beautiful beaches, like the famous Santa Monica. You’ll get to relax on the beach and watch the surfers and the people pass by. Enjoy lunch together at one of the pier’s many restaurants. And of course, take a romantic ride around the Pacific Park Ferris wheel.
- While visiting Santa Monica, why not explore a little further? Rent a bike or rollerskates and explore the Santa Monica and Venice Beach neighborhoods. Exploring Los Angeles by bike or skates is a fun date idea, and ideal romantic vacation activity.
San Diego for couples…
- See San Diego’s sights by speed boat and impress your other half with your driving skills. Cruise the water slowly to take in the sights or zoom through the ocean as fast as the boat will take you. This is a luxurious, special experience, and perfect for a date.
- Athletic couples should try a surfboard rental, and ride San Diego’s waves together. Head to beautiful La Jolla beach where you’ll have full-day access to a surfboard. What better way to relax than soaking up the chilled-out SoCal vibes?
These are a few ideas on the best beach vacations for couples. They have a mix of laid-back and adventurous attractions, plus the all-important romantic activities. We hope you consider taking a vacation to one of these locations as a couple!
Save with Go City
Admission to attractions at these destinations is included with the Go City pass. You could save up to 65% on admission vs gate price.