For fun things to do in California - look no further. San Diego Zoo is not one not to be missed for animal lovers.
Visit San Diego Zoo with your California explorer pass
- Pay nothing at the gate - simply scan your digital pass
- Live talks, feedings, and demonstrations
- Over 650 unique species from around the world to see
- Your pass gives you access to many more attractions in California, so don't forget to check them out!
At San Diego Zoo you’ll get up close to over 4,000 rare and endangered animals, and over 650 unique species from all over the world. You’ll see koalas, giant panda bears, gorillas, elephants, crocodiles and more at this mammoth 100-acre site.
Hours of Operation
Daily, 9:00 am-close; closing times may vary.
Check the San Diego Zoo site for hours of operation.
Open 365 days per year.
Closing times vary based on season.
Know before you go
Getting in: Skip the main ticket line! Head straight to the turnstiles for park entry. Your San Diego Zoo 1-Day Pass ticket includes unlimited use of the Guided Bus Tour, Kangaroo Express Bus, Skyfari aerial tram, and all regularly scheduled shows. ID will be required when using the pass at San Diego Zoo. Last name of purchaser must match name on ID.
Please Note: San Diego Zoo Parking is Free!
Hand stamp and ticket required for re-entry. No refunds or exchanges. Excludes special ticketed events & attractions.
Tips for visiting San Diego Zoo
- Allow plenty of time for your trip to the San Diego Zoo. We reccomend three to four hours
- Snacks and drinks can be brought into San Diego zoo, however, there are great cafes and restaurants on the grounds serving fresh and delicious food
- Parking garages are available as well as valet parking
San Diego Zoo
2920 Zoo Drive
San Deigo, CA 92101