Taking teens on vacation can be a challenge. You need a mix of high-energy and chilled out attractions to keep them entertained while considering their unique interests. Deciding on where to take teens on vacation can, therefore, be difficult. But we’ve put together a list of the top cities to go on vacation with teens. They’re full of exciting and diverse attractions that will impress even the most stubborn of teenagers. Our best vacations for teens are:It’s impossible to be bored in New York. With tons of famous sights to see, as well as cultural and sporting attractions, you won’t be short of activities to entertain your teen.Glamorous LA is a great vacation spot for teens. It has amazing theme parks, celebrity-themed attractions, and gorgeous beaches – what more could a teenager ask for?Another great option is Cancun, which has tons of action-packed attractions, as well as luxurious relaxing opportunities, making it the ideal vacation spot for families with teenagers.Another city in California – San Diego - is a top destination for teenagers. This SoCal city is home to beachy activities as well as classic theme parks.Chicago is a vibrant city with lots going on for young people. From fun attractions to cultural spots, Chicago has you covered.
- New York City
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
Save with Go CityAdmission to top attractions in these cities is included in Go City passes. You could save up to 65% on admission vs gate price.
New York City
- Empire State Building: Anyone visiting New York has to take a trip up to the top of the Empire State Building. Everyone will marvel at the breathtaking sights of the city below, and teens will relish the chance for the ultimate NYC selfie opportunity.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Teenagers interested in the arts will love The Met. Its vast collection ranges more than 5,000 years of art. Highlights include Cypresses (1889) by Vincent van Gogh and Madonna and Child Enthroned with Saints (1504) by Raphael. Take your budding artists here to inspire them and excite them about the world of art.
- Madison Square Garden: Athletic teens – especially fans of the New York Knicks or the New York Rangers – will enjoy a behind the scenes tour of Madison Square Garden. They’ll get to see exclusive areas like the luxury suites, and might get to walk on the court itself.
- Santa Monica Pier: Take your teens to Santa Monica Pier for relaxing beach vibes, fun theme park rides and delicious food. They’ll love the mix of exciting activities and the opportunity to hang out in trendy Santa Monica.
- Universal Studios Hollywood: There isn’t a more family-friendly attraction than Universal Studios Hollywood. It has rides, shows, and entertainment to suit everyone, but especially teens. Teenagers who love high-thrill rides will be spoilt for choice at Universal Studios Hollywood. Plus, they’ll be enjoy being immersed in the worlds of their favorite movies and TV shows.
- OUE Skyspace and Skyslide: See Los Angeles from up high at OUE Skyspace and Skyslide. It has amazing views of the city below, plus now through 11/30/19, Skyslide is included in general admission. This is a fun activity with great photo opportunities – definitely one for the teenagers.
- Xplore Full-Day Admission: Take your teenagers to Xplore for a day of adventure that they’ll never forget. Full-day admission allows you access to seven different zipline routes, an amphibious vehicle, hiking and walking routes, water rafts, and swimming equipment. Additionally, you can kick back and relax with pools and lounges, and a complimentary buffet lunch.
- “Get Up and Go” Catamaran Sail: This Catamaran Sail allows you to be as relaxed or as active as you like. You’ll cruise on the beautiful waters, and will have the chance to snorkel, explore Isla Mujeres and enjoy their beach club, and make the most of a buffet lunch.
- Tulum Express Tour: Another great Cancun attraction for teenagers is the Tulum Express Tour. Take a tour of well-preserved ancient Mayan ruins, surrounded by gorgeous waters and sandy beaches. You’ll get to explore the archeological site with an expert guide, then, you’ll have plenty of time to explore on your own accord. Teens should be interested in the ruins, as they have an important and fascinating history. But they may equally enjoy getting to explore the local shops and the beach.
- SeaWorld San Diego: This attraction is a mix between a theme park and an aquarium – there’s no way teens will get bored at SeaWorld San Diego. They’ll get to ride thrilling rollercoasters, and marvel at the stunning marine life.
- 1 Hour Boat Rental: Teens will feel cool jetting through the ocean on this 1-hour boat rental. They’ll get to enjoy stunning sights of the San Diego skyline, plus plenty of selfie opportunities. Just be careful with your phones and cameras!
- Knott’s Soak City Water Park: This is a family-friendly attraction, but teens, in particular, will love Knott’s Soak City Water Park’s 17 thrilling speed, tube, and body slides. There are also opportunities to relax and take it easier, like the lazy river and wave pool.
- SkyDeck Chicago: SkyDeck Chicago should be at the top of your itinerary. You’ll experience unparalleled views of the Windy City, and will have some amazing photo opportunities. Definitely one for the Instagram generation.
- Art Institute of Chicago: Arty teens will appreciate a visit to the Art Institute of Chicago. It’s home to a wide collection of art ranging from ancient artifacts to contemporary American art. With a range as broad and exciting as this, there’s no way teens will be bored.
- Navy Pier 4 Ride Pass: Navy Pier is a famous Chicago attraction, and teens will love getting to ride the Navy Pier Centennial Wheel, Carousel, Climbing Wall and Light Tower. The Navy Pier Centennial Wheel will be especially popular, as it provides great views of the city and Lake Michigan.