One of the most iconic music festivals of our time, Lollapalooza, is a Chicago legend. Taking place each summer in Grant Park since 2005, this high-energy festival is a must for music lovers. While tickets don’t come cheap, the high price-tag is worth the experience for many. Featuring music from a wide variety of genres ranging from alternative rock and metal to pop and EDM, Lollapalooza appeals to music lovers from across the spectrum. Its Grant Park location also makes the festival appealing to vacationers hoping to build it into a bigger Chicago trip. After all, Chicago is known for its music scene and Lollapalooza is only part of that heritage. Here are the official details on Lollapalooza 2019, including highlights of the lineup (organized by day), a poster with complete performance info, ticketing information, and some tips for enjoying this signature event. We’ve also included transit and lodging info for those looking for the complete package. Lollapalooza 2019 runs from August 1 – 4, 2019. The festival hours are from 11 am to 10 pm each day. Kidapalooza, the accompanying festival for families, runs from 11 am to 7 pm each day in a separate but adjacent area.
Lollapalooza 2019 Lineup & ScheduleAugust 1 Highlights
- The Strokes
- The Chainsmokers
- Lil Baby
- Childish Gambino
- Tame Impala
- Janelle Monáe
- 21 Savage
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Twenty One Pilots
- J Balvin
- Lil Wayne
- Tenacious D
- Ariana Grande
- Kacey Musgraves
- Meek Mill
- The Revivalists
- The Pop Ups
- 123 Andres
- Q Brothers
- Falu’s Bazaar
- Sonia de los Santos
- Joanie Leeds & the Nightlights
- DJs Amira & Kayla
- School of Rock Allstars
Tickets Tickets are available in one or four-day passes. You can also opt to upgrade to a cabana or purchase tickets as a group. One-day general admission starts at $130 per person, with extra bells and whistles available for up to 2k for a one-day platinum level pass. Four-day general admission starts at $340 per person, so if you are interested in seeing many acts over multiple days, you certainly get your money’s worth. You can also upgrade your four-day passes for a significant chunk of change up to the platinum level. There are payment plan options for the tickets as well, should you want to make the investment but don’t quite have the cash at the moment. Keep in mind that you should only purchase your tickets directly from Lollapalooza or from a verified reseller—fraudulent tickets can be a real problem with a big event like this.View this post on Instagram
A post shared by lollapalooza (@lollapalooza) on Apr 17, 2019 at 8:00am PDT
Tips for Visiting Lollapalooza
- Lollapalooza has an official app! It should be your go-to for all festival details. It’s available for Android and iPhone.
- Ticketing to Lollapalooza is handled via wristband (which should be activated in advance). You may leave and re-enter the festival up to three times per, and they’ll scan your wristband to keep track of that.
- If you’d like to leave your money and credit cards at home, register for Lolla Cashless, where you can link a payment method to your wristband. It’s pretty painless and is very convenient.
- As a high-profile music festival, Lollapalooza has very strict rules about what can be brought onto the festival grounds. Review the allowed and prohibited items list before attending so you don’t need to ditch something last minute.
- You will also need to go through intense security screening, not unlike an airport. So be prepared to go through scanners and withstand a light pat-down.
- The festival prohibits outside liquids on the event grounds (so no sneaking in that flask). You should, however, drink water while waiting in the security line because Chicago summers are legendarily hot.
- Blankets of all types are encouraged to make your viewing experience less susceptible to grass stains. However, chairs, umbrellas, or any sort of shade-causing structure are prohibited. If you’ll need shade, rent a cabana.
- Pets are not allowed, but service animals are, of course, welcome.
- If you’re not one to carry a portable charger and your phone has a tendency to lose battery, we recommend a locker rental. They’re available for one or four days, and include a charging station inside (as well as being a handy space to store your stuff).
- Children 10 and younger are admitted free of charge with one paying adult. There is a limit of two children per adult, however, so big families will need multiple adult escorts.