About the role
Content Marketing Exec
Germany based - hybrid working in Berlin
Reports to Country Lead Germany
Summary of the role but also what our team are up to:
We’re on a mission to make Go City famous around the world. We want to make Go City and our passes a ubiquitous, “go-to” product every time someone embarks on a sightseeing adventure, enabling travellers to do more, see more and save more. The Content Marketing Lead will work with the global Content and local Growth teams to set the vision for our content strategy in Germany and drive cohesive narratives across multiple platforms and touchpoints. You will be responsible for organic traffic acquisition through a creative & data-driven way of working.
What will we expect from you?
In this exciting new role, you will:
- Define, build, distribute, and measure content for primarily Go City’s German owned and earned marketing channels (emails, blogs, App, web pages, social media) to drive awareness, generate engagement, and establish us as a trusted player in the travel tech business
- Grow our organic traffic acquisition, measured by clicks, conversions, and ultimately revenue
- Content Marketing: You plan and create easy-to-understand, high-quality content pieces (blog articles, infographics, emails, video scripts, social copy, UX copy,..), that generate leads and showcase Go City’s trustworthiness
- Adapt the global content: Work closely with our Global Content team to define our editorial calendar, and produce high-quality and user-centric content to engage and educate our audience and prospects
- Search Engine Optimization: Collaborate with the local Growth Manager to identify topics to cover in, and work with employees, agencies, and freelancers to develop impactful content
- Experimentation mindset: Come up with innovative ideas, systematically test them out through experimentation supported by the local Growth team
- We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day.
- Commitment to live and breathe our Company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
Who we are looking for..
We're looking for enthusiastic people who love to learn and innovate so we'd love to hear from you if you have/are:
- 2+ years of proven experience in digital B2C content marketing
- You have demonstrated the ability to craft clean, thoughtful copy in a distinct brand voice
- You are proficient in copy best practices across marketing, social, video, email, and web copy, and have experience in translating and adapting business content from English into German
- Strong understanding of the German language and good writing skills
- Business fluent in English (verbal & written)
- High familiarity with a range of marketing channels and content formats (short form blogs or social content, long form lead magnets, etc.) is a plis
- Knowledge of the travel industry is also useful, though not essential
The all important perks:
- Competitive market rate salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Enhanced annual leave time
- Ability to buy 5 additional days holiday each year
- Floating bank holiday
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Dedicated time for personal professional development each month
- Personal Learning Budget
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual Explorer Passes allowance / access to company product
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.