As a Data Engineer, you will be creating global technology products that help people have the best city experience they have ever had. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology and people, who wants to create amazing products. The ideal candidate will be someone who has technical expertise across a range of technologies, and a track record of delivery.
- Have technical ownership of your designs and services
- Influence good coding practices among your peers.
- Design, code, review, test, fix, research, deploy and maintain services and code in production environments.
- Prioritize and develop at the highest standards
- Deal with ambiguous and non-explored problem domains
What will you have/Who are you?
- Degree/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent of education/work experience
- 2+ years of programming experience of data and datawarehouse applications including managing complex data sets
- 2+ years of professional software development, data/datawarehouse engineering, business intelligence, data science
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience developing cloud software services
- Valuable to have experience with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern languages and technologies (Java, Scala, Kafka, AWS, Python)
- Experience/exposure to the latest data tools such as Pentaho, Redshift, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, Superset, Luigi, Airflow, Oozie, Talend, Snowplow, Hadoop, Hive Hbase, Spark, Flink
- Good problem-solving skills
- Highly flexible thinker and enjoys working in rapidly changing environment
What will we offer?
- Competitive market rate salary
- The opportunity to create and design as well as maintain
- 25 days’ holiday
- Floating bank holiday
- Enhanced Maternity
- Pension Scheme
- The usual sociable stuff (when restrictions allow)
- Season Ticket Loan
Ready to apply? Send your CV to [email protected]