This exciting new hands-on-role will oversee all social media activity at Go City, devising and executing a bold new social media strategy. As Go City (Leisure Pass Group) looks to become a household name in the category of sightseeing, social media will play a pivotal role in increasing brand awareness, optimising customer experience and creating memories that customers want to talk about and share on social media. This role will be tasked with building the social media team / function from scratch and delivering a world class social media strategy. A key element will be working closely with influencers to increase the brand reach and amplify our social efforts. A great opportunity for an experienced social media specialist to come in, form a strategy and drive the execution through for a travel business that already sells 3m+ passes per year. That is where you come in! If you are currently in a Social Media Lead, Social Manager, Community Manager or Senior Social Media Manager role looking for a step up, and you have awesome knowledge of US as well as global campaigns, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Devise a world class, multi-year social media strategy; thinking holistically through the lens of Go City customers
- Build a social media team to deliver the strategy, identifying what is needed short, medium and long term
- Work closely with the VP of Brand & Customer in London to drive social media change through the organization across the globe, bringing a new focus and excitement to the channel
- Formulate and deliver a social influencer strategy, identifying who Go City should be working with, how and with what budget
- Identify what our social media content needs are, how we can meet them and work to create brand new, engaging content across multiple platforms. Work closely with the brand and content functions • Identify our target social media audience, how we target them, which platforms we should and should not be on at various points in the ‘journey’
- Communicate the social media strategy internally, getting buy in from senior stakeholders and taking the business on a journey as we embark on the social media strategy
- Devise strategy to encourage active participation and uptake in following us and engaging on various platforms from our pass holders specifically.
We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day.
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
Who are you? What do you have?
- Circa 5 years’+ experience working in a social media management role, either in-house or at an agency launching, creating and analysing US strategy as well as global social campaigns
- Technically skilled on Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter and Pinterest among other social media platforms
- A demonstrable passion for and understanding of social media in its various guises • Experience working with US media and understanding of the US consumer
- Experience producing creative, engaging content for social media platforms and multiple audiences • Ability to make data driven responses and have an analytical approach
- Finger on the pulse of hot topics in media and issues related tour industry
- Energy and passion for new experiences. We love sightseeing, you should too!
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial. Someone who can problem solve fast and think on their feet • Collaborative in your approach to work enabling you deliver projects through cross-functional teams and can influence decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Education in a relevant field
- Experience developing and managing brand identity and guidelines
- Advanced SEO knowledge and understanding
What will we offer?
- Competitive market rate base salary
- The opportunity to create and design as well as maintain
- Floating public holiday
- The usual sociable stuff (when restrictions allow)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
Ready to apply? Send your CV to [email protected]