Go City is transforming the way people see and experience the world’s greatest destinations. We give our customers total flexibility to choose the experiences, tours and activities they want to visit at incredible savings.
For over 20 years, the Leisure Pass Group has shaped the future of the multi-attraction pass industry by enabling online pre-purchase of attractions, tours, and activities. In 2017, Europe’s Leisure Pass Group, USA’s Smart Destinations, and New York Pass came together to form the Go City brand, giving us greater reach and ambition as we expand across the globe. Backed by highly successful Private Equity firm Exponent and headquartered in Soho, London with a team of over 125 the business is highly profitable with over 3 million customers globally. We have ambitious plans to leverage these capabilities to drive the business’ continued growth. With a heavy investment in the technology and multiple other teams this year Go City are excited for like-minded, problem solving individuals to join their transformation and make their mark on our future.
We listen to our customers, our partners and our team, to help improve our business every day. And that’s where you come in! For more information and a sneak at our product take a look at www.gocity.com
About the role
Lead Product Designer
London based (hybrid working model)
As the Lead Product Designer you will be creating global technology products that help people have the best city experience they have ever had. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology and people, who wants to create amazing products. The ideal candidate will be someone who has deep technical expertise with human computer interaction, designing products that people love to use.
- Collaboratively drive design from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and launch, working closely with product management and engineering
- Design highly-performant, feature-rich and visually appealing experiences for users to enjoy across all our products
- Analyse user interface problems and create intuitive, accessible, easy-to-use design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Work closely with product teams to develop use cases and high-level requirements
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, user journeys, wireframes, taxonomies, visual design mock-ups and prototypes as needed to effectively conceptualise and communicate detailed interaction behaviours
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to product managers, engineers and relevant stakeholders for review and feedback
- As appropriate, work with product management, plan and execute user research and usability testing
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build experiences, providing appropriate design specifications, assets, and review finished interfaces.
What will you have/Who are you?
- Extensive experience as a product designer UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Wide-ranging experience of working in collaborative teams, directly with software engineers for implementation of designs and in particular in agile development processes
- Experience of leading product designers, overseeing/supporting others in the creation of assets
- A multi-disciplinary designer, with skills across research, UX, UI, Interaction design, data, analytics and technology
- Deep experience designing interfaces for web-based/mobile products and tools
- High-level experience with best practices for device-based information architecture and design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques
- Experience with storyboarding, prototyping and usability testing
- Strong working knowledge of Accessibly standards and how best to incorporate them into designs
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mock-ups and style guides
- Good understanding of front-end development frameworks
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across various teams.
- Commitment to leave and breathe our Company values
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
What will we offer?
- Competitive market rate salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance at 4 x base salary
- Annual leave - 25 days per year + Bank Holidays
- Buy Annual Leave scheme (up to 5 days each year)
- Floating bank holiday
- Upgraded Family Leave
- Flexible and Hybrid working
- Dedicated time for personal professional development each month
- Personal Learning Budget
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual Explorer Passes allowance
- EAP providing access to counselling, finance support etc
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- The usual sociable stuff (when restrictions allow)
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.