Go City is transforming the way people see and experience the world’s greatest destinations. We give our customers total flexibility to choose the experiences, tours and activities they want to visit at incredible savings.
For over 20 years, the Leisure Pass Group has shaped the future of the multi-attraction pass industry by enabling online pre-purchase of attractions, tours, and activities. In 2017, Europe’s Leisure Pass Group, USA’s Smart Destinations, and New York Pass came together to form the Go City brand, giving us greater reach and ambition as we expand across the globe. Backed by highly successful Private Equity firm Exponent and headquartered in Soho, London with a team of over 125, the business is highly profitable with over 3 million customers globally. We have ambitious plans to leverage these capabilities to drive the business’ continued growth. With a heavy investment in the technology and multiple other teams this year Go City are excited for like-minded, problem-solving individuals to join their transformation and make their mark on our future.
We listen to our customers, our partners and our team, to help improve our business every day. And that’s where you come in! For more information and a sneak at our product, take a look at www.gocity.com
About the role
London based (hybrid working)
Reports to the SVP of Product Management
Summary of the role but also what our team are up to:
We are increasing our focus on all of our customer facing channels, and they represent a key part of how we aim to delight our customers in the future. This role represents a great opportunity to have full responsibility for a key element of our proposition.
As a Product Manager, you will have a hands-on role creating global technology products that help people have the best city experience they have ever had. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology and people, who wants to create amazing products. The ideal candidate will be someone who has deep product management expertise in digital customer facing propositions, and a track record of delivery.
What will you be responsible for /helping us to do?
- Collaboratively create and own an ambitious product strategy, success measures and a roadmap for the team which are intrinsically connected to the company strategy and mission
- Develop a deep understanding of your product's problem space and autonomously use qualitative and quantitative techniques to generate insights
- Assess the performance of existing features on an ongoing basis though tracking and learning from their performance
- Obsess over outcomes and champion customer needs, comfortably making trade-offs between options within your product scope even when ambiguous
- Working collaboratively, lead the discovery process utilising different frameworks
- Prioritise fast learning and value through experimentation, with decision-making led by impact, not output, leading the launch of innovative new features and capabilities
- Remain undeterred by roadblocks and unexpected dependencies and collaboratively come up with ways to work around problems
- Tackle ambiguous problems in a structured way with solutions that are both viable and valuable
- Keep up to date with trends, competitors and successful patterns both inside and outside the industry, utilising them in solutions
- Balance customer, partner and colleague success, understanding that all sides need to benefit
- Drive communication within the team and with stakeholders in a clear and concise way, ensuring everyone remains aligned on direction
- Influence your teammates, colleagues, stakeholders, leadership through the use of data and logic
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of your product space whilst presenting to the company in demos or all hands
- Using lean principles, driving collaborative product development
- We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day.
- Commitment to live and breathe our Company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities.
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
What skills do you have that are essential in this role?
- Circa 5+ years of product management experience in B2C digital products
- Experience building a product from concept to prototype and implementation
- Strongly commercial, understanding customer value and how to drive performance
- Broad skills in qualitative research and user-centric design
- Experience of lean principles and working with software engineering teams using agile development
- Practiced in the use of multi-variate testing in optimising products
- Experience with the tools of the trade such as Aha!/Product Board/Product Plan/Jira/Hotjar/Google Analytics/Qualtrics
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly collaborative, experienced in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to understand outcomes, describe product features, designs, and strategy
- Coaching mindset, enjoying learning and sharing with others to help them improve
- Highly flexible thinker and enjoys working in rapidly changing environment
- Higher level of education in business, technology or relevant field of study, or equivalent of education/work experience
The all important perks:
- Competitive market rate salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance at 4 x base salary
- Annual leave - 25 days per year + Bank Holidays
- Buy Annual Leave scheme (up to 5 days each year)
- Floating bank holiday
- Upgraded Family Leave
- Flexible and Hybrid working
- Dedicated time for personal professional development each month
- Personal Learning Budget
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual Explorer Passes allowance
- EAP providing access to counselling, finance support etc
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- The usual sociable stuff (when restrictions allow)
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.