Go City is transforming the way people see and experience the world’s greatest destinations. We give our customers total flexibility to choose the experiences, tours and activities they want to visit at incredible savings.
For over 20 years, the Leisure Pass Group has shaped the future of the multi-attraction pass industry by enabling online pre-purchase of attractions, tours, and activities. In 2017, Europe’s Leisure Pass Group, USA’s Smart Destinations, and New York Pass came together to form the Go City brand, giving us greater reach and ambition as we expand across the globe. Backed by a highly successful Private Equity firm Exponent and headquartered in Soho, London with a team of over 146 the business is highly profitable with over 3 million customers globally. We have ambitious plans to leverage these capabilities to drive the business’ continued growth. With a heavy investment in the technology and multiple other teams this year Go City are excited for like-minded, problem solving individuals to join their transformation and make their mark on our future.
We listen to our customers, our partners and our team, to help improve our business every day. And that’s where you come in! For more information and a sneak at our product take a look at www.gocity.com
About the role
Regional Director – Stockholm & Gothenburg
Stockholm (ideally based)
Reports to the Vice President, Destination & Partner Development – EMEA
Summary of the role:
As a contracted Regional Director, you will be expected to learn/thoroughly understand our company’s unique value proposition and overall position in the activity reseller space. You will be the expert on expansion objectives for your territory. You will create and implement product development strategies that support our business goals with thoughtful analysis, strategic prioritisation, and outstanding execution. This role will manage the Stockholm and Gothenburg markets to start with, although should be open to any expansion of this remit and will be accountable directly to Vice President, Destination & Partner Development – EMEA.
What will you be responsible for /helping us to do?
- Source inventory of attractions and negotiate agreements that support our business growth goals
- Build, present, and seal multi-faceted strategic deals with top accounts
- Close exclusive contracts and negotiate the best possible offers for our customers
- Learn and understand the pricing strategy for your attraction passes
- Meet strict product deadlines by developing a personal roadmap to meet deliverables and overcome obstacles
- Build and oversee budgets for territory needs
- Interact with a cross-functional team of developers, analysts, marketers, designers, and sales managers in support of delivering high-revenue generating products
- Work closely with the operations support team to ensure all partners are fully supported
- Monitor consumer and client research to ensure we are solving problems/exceeding expectations
- Attend networking and social events, trade shows, and occasional sales missions to represent the company and strengthen local relationships, sometimes outside of business hours
- Assist in editing marketing collateral and websites from the product perspective
- Open new businesses and increase production on local sales accounts throughout the region
- This includes closing the deals, training the new locations, and incentivizing staff to grow sales
- Develop incentive programs to motivate third party resellers
- Build and maintain relationships with key strategic partners such as attractions, convention bureaus and travel trade organisations to support your market
- Assist with any administrational and operational tasks and/or projects as required
- Support other EMEA markets as necessary
- Visit the attractions in all of your markets and the London on regular basis (restrictions allowing)
What skills do you have that are essential in this role?
- You are based in Stockholm and you have strong pre-existing relationships in the tourism market in Sweden
- You are able to speak a native level of Swedish
- You are a proven leader with a passion for success and proven expertise in business development and contract negotiation
- You have an in depth understanding of the attractions market
- You understand complex business models and pricing scenarios and thrive on data analysis
- You are a highly self-motivated, detailed, and results-oriented individual
- You are organised, able to manage your own schedule, and work independently
- You are able to solve a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity
- You define yourself as an independent hands-on resource, willing to roll up your sleeves
- You are respected as a team player and you are able to professionally interface with cross-functional teams that work for the business
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are able to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- You adapt quickly to a fast pace and changing environment
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and are comfortable learning other similar tools
- Commitment to live and breathe our Company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities
We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day.
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.