About the role
Service Delivery Analyst/ Technical Support Analyst
London based (hybrid working model)
Reports to Platform Engineering Manager
Summary of the role but also what our team are up to:
The Go City service desk offers first line IT support for all users. New starters? We purchase the laptops and make sure joiners have the permissions and software they need. Something not working as intended? We are available to help with laptops that don’t start, WiFi troubles, password resets, screens for home-working and everything in between.
We’re looking for a business analyst with a passion for customer service to join our team. The service desk forms one half of the growing platform team, which is responsible for cloud infrastructure and security as well as everyday tickets about one-time passwords that never arrive. As a member of the service desk you will work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation, right across the globe.
What will you be helping us to do?
- Offer first-line support to colleagues and business partners
- Help drive process improvements: if you spot a repetitive task that should be automated away, let’s do just that together!
- Work across a range of technical areas, from office and building security to Windows and Mac support
- Watch out for security risks and lapses physical, social and digital
- As we are a global business, you will be part of our on-call rota to triage tickets as they reach us from colleagues in different time zones, but the vast majority of our work is done in UK office hours
Who are you and what skills do you have?
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills
- Technical aptitude: you need to know your way round desktop operating systems and computer setup challenges
- Ability to administer or get up to speed with IT systems ranging from Active Directory to VPN
- Good presentation skills, spoken and written
- Passion for problem-solving and the ability to work at pace
- Strong team-player with the desire to collaborate and work in a team
- Service desk/IT help desk experience
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other tools (Zendesk, Gladly, etc.) would be an asset
- A knack for automation would be a great skill to bring to this role
We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day. Commitment to live and breathe our Company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
What will we offer?
- Competitive market rate salary
- The opportunity to create and design as well as maintain
- 25 days’ holiday
- Floating bank holiday
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme/ Season Ticket Loan
- The usual sociable stuff (when restrictions allow)
- Free Pass Allowance
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Access to Udemy
- Dedicated Personal Learning Time each month
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.