Go City is transforming the way people see and experience the world’s greatest destinations. We give our customers total flexibility to choose the experiences, tours and activities they want to visit at incredible savings.
For over 20 years, the Leisure Pass Group has shaped the future of the multi-attraction pass industry by enabling online pre-purchase of attractions, tours, and activities. In 2017, Europe’s Leisure Pass Group, USA’s Smart Destinations, and New York Pass came together to form the Go City brand, giving us greater reach and ambition as we expand across the globe. Backed by highly successful Private Equity firm Exponent and headquartered in Soho, London with a team of over 140 the business is highly profitable with over 3 million customers globally. We have ambitious plans to leverage these capabilities to drive the business’ continued growth. With a heavy investment in the technology and multiple other teams this year Go City are excited for like-minded, problem solving individuals to join their transformation and make their mark on our future.
We listen to our customers, our partners and our team, to help improve our business every day. And that’s where you come in! For more information and a sneak at our product take a look at www.gocity.com
About the role
London based (hybrid working model)
Reports to Platform Engineering Manager
Summary of the role but also what our team are up to:
The Go City service desk offers first line IT support for all users. New starters? We purchase the laptops and make sure joiners have the permissions and software they need. Something not working as intended? We are available to help with laptops that don’t start, WiFi troubles, password resets, screens for home-working and everything in between.
We’re looking for a business analyst with a passion for customer service to join our team. The service desk forms one half of the growing platform team, which is responsible for cloud infrastructure and security as well as everyday tickets about one-time passwords that never arrive. As a member of the service desk you will work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation, right across the globe.
What will you be helping us to do?
Offer first-line support to colleagues and business partners. You will be comfortable liaising with a whole host of colleagues and customers across the US, UK and Singapore
Help drive process improvements: if you spot a repetitive task that should be automated away, let’s do just that together!
Work across a range of technical areas, from office and building security to Windows and Mac support
Watch out for security risks and lapses physical, social and digital
As we are a global business, you will be part of our on-call rota to triage tickets as they reach us from colleagues in different time zones, but the vast majority of our work is done in UK office hours
What will you have/Who are you?
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills
- Technical aptitude: you need to know your way round desktop operating systems and computer setup challenges
- Ability to administer or get up to speed with IT systems ranging from Active Directory to VPN
- Good presentation skills, spoken and written
- Passion for problem-solving and the ability to work at pace with awesome prioritisation skills
- Strong team-player with the desire to collaborate and work in a team
- Service desk/IT help desk experience
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other tools (Zendesk, Gladly, etc.) would be an asset
- A knack for automation would be a great skill to bring to this role
We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day.
Commitment to live and breathe our Company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
The all important perks:
- Competitive market rate salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance at 4 x base salary
- Annual leave - 25 days per year + Bank Holidays
- Buy Annual Leave scheme (up to 5 days each year)
- Floating bank holiday
- Upgraded Family Leave
- Flexible and Hybrid working
- Dedicated time for personal professional development each month
- Personal Learning Budget
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual Explorer Passes allowance
- EAP providing access to counselling, finance support etc
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- The usual sociable stuff (when restrictions allow)
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.