About the role
At Go City we believe in T-shaped engineers who want to solve our customers problems by building products and become cross discipline through learning and pairing.
Software Engineer (Backend end focused)
London based (hybrid office and home working model)
Reports to the Software Engineering Manager
The pass management team is responsible for managing our passes, attractions, entry validation and attraction payments.
- Consolidate Pass Management Platforms to a single way of managing our passes, attractions, and rates.
- Simplify the way we work with managing our attraction information and ensuring we have a single source of attraction data.
- Increase flexibility and efficiency in adding attractions and passes to our offerings.
- Improve the customer experience gaining entry into our attraction partners, while streamlining how we work with our attraction partners.
- Java 11 / Spring Boot / Next.js
- MongoDB / MySQL / Kafka
- Cucumber / Selenium / Cypress / Pact / Gatling
- AWS / Kubernetes / Elastic stack / Prometheus / Grafana / Jaeger
All complete tech stack can be viewed here: https://stackshare.io/companies/gocity
Our ways of working:
- Micro frontends
- Product management
- Knowledge sharing
Our engineering principles
- High Availability
- You build it, you run it
Why join us?
As an organisation we are currently in a really exciting transitional phase and are heavily investing in our technical teams across all three arms of the business: sites, e-commerce and pass management and with a newly appointed CTO with a vision for the tech team as a function, we are looking for tech wizards to join us on our journey. Our idea is to give you ownership and accountability for the code you design, write and maintain and surround you with peers and mentors who can help to develop your coding abilities and skill as well as your career.
As a Software Engineer for Go City, you will be creating global technology products that help our customers have the best city experience they have ever had. We are looking for engineers with a passion for technology and people who want to create and maintain amazing products. The ideal candidate will be someone who has technical expertise across a range of technologies, and a track record of delivery. In return we will provide you with a senior leadership team with knowledge, experience and expertise in their technical field and an opportunity to better the existing legacy systems as well as build our own.
- Have technical ownership of your designs and services
- Influence good coding practices among your peers
- Design, code, review, test, fix, research, deploy and maintain services and code in production environments
- Prioritize and develop at the highest standards
- Deal with ambiguous and non-explored problem domains
What will you have/Who are you?
- C. 2+ years of professional software development experience building production software systems
- Experience developing cloud software services
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Good problem-solving skills
- Highly flexible thinker and enjoys working in rapidly changing environment
- Commitment to live and breathe our Company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities
- We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day.
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
What will we offer?
- Competitive market rate salary
- The opportunity to create and design as well as maintain
- 25 days’ holiday
- Floating bank holiday
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- The usual sociable stuff (when restrictions allow)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Monthly personal learning time for professional development
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.