Go City is transforming the way people see and experience the world’s greatest destinations. We give our customers total flexibility to choose the experiences, tours and activities they want to visit at incredible savings.
For over 20 years, the Leisure Pass Group has shaped the future of the multi-attraction pass industry by enabling online pre-purchase of attractions, tours, and activities. In 2017, Europe’s Leisure Pass Group, USA’s Smart Destinations, and New York Pass came together to form the Go City brand, giving us greater reach and ambition as we expand across the globe. Backed by highly successful Private Equity firm Exponent and headquartered in Soho, London with a team of over 140 the business is highly profitable with over 3 million customers globally. We have ambitious plans to leverage these capabilities to drive the business’ continued growth. With a heavy investment in the technology and multiple other teams this year Go City are excited for like-minded, problem solving individuals to join their transformation and make their mark on our future.
We listen to our customers, our partners and our team, to help improve our business every day. And that’s where you come in! For more information and a sneak at our product take a look at www.gocity.com
About the role
Software Engineering Manager
Reports to CTO
Summary of the role but also what our team are up to:
As SEM for Technology for APAC your role spans a number of areas – Software Engineering in particular as well as ensuring all your local colleagues get the best from our collaboration tools and are supported. You’ll be focused on building out the front-facing digital products for the APAC market including our WeChat Mini Program, leveraging the wider company’s technology platforms whilst driving development to suit local needs.
What will you be doing?
- Leading a team of Software Engineers and a Product Manager in the development and maintenance of technology products
- Working with product management methods, develop the long-term strategy for your team and translate it into achievable goals
- Understanding how all architectural elements of the software ecosystem work together and developing engineering and testing approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Delivering regular updates within the team and to leadership
- Fostering a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Encouraging innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing your objectives
Who we are looking for…?
We're looking for an enthusiastic engineering leader, who loves to learn and innovate, who drives the writing of clean, maintainable and testable code balanced against the need to test new features quickly and iterate.
We'd love to hear from you if you have/are:
- Degree/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent of education/work experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineering manager building, leading and developing exceptional teams in the development of complex systems
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
- Proven knowledge and experience of agile delivery processes
- Experience in recruiting, managing and coaching Software Engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective.
- Experience in communicating with users, teams, and senior management to understand requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Highly flexible thinker and enjoys working in rapidly changing environment
- We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day.
- We also seek a commitment to live and breathe our Company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
We are committed to our stance as an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with inclusivity being one of our 6 core company values. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards in our ways of working, whether at application or promotion stage. All of our Colleagues are responsible for upholding these values and ways of working.
The all important perks:
- Competitive market rate salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Enhanced annual leave time
- Ability to buy 5 additional days holiday each year
- Floating bank holiday
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Dedicated time for personal professional development each month
- Personal Learning Budget
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual Explorer Passes allowance
- The usual sociable stuff (when restrictions allow)