How we collect, use, and protect your information
What information we collect from you
In General: Leisure Pass Group Inc (formerly Smart Destinations Inc). only collects personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. This includes personal information that can be used to identify you such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address and billing information (credit card number, cardholder name and expiration date).
No personal information is required to access any area of our website and is collected only to complete your purchase transaction.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit gocity.com. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as pages viewed and purchases made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to improve user experience.
How we use your information
We only use your personal information to complete the transactions you have intentionally initiated. We use this information to confirm your order and to respond to any questions you may have. Where required, we also share this information with certain intermediaries (UPS and other shippers) strictly to process and ship your order. We NEVER sell or rent your personal information to any third party for marketing, commercial, or any other purpose that is not essential to complete these transactions. We will hold your personal information on our systems indefinitely or until you request it is deleted. Even if we delete your personal information it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
There may at some point be 'e-mail to a friend' features on our site that will allow you to easily share product or other valuable information with your friends. Any e-mails provided to us in the use of these features are used solely for direction of the e-mail communication. These e-mails are not retained in our database nor are they used for any other communication other than for the purpose they are originally solicited for.
IMPORTANT: For those customers that visited our website from a link on the following website www.nycgo.com, you may have certain information such as your email address and product purchased provided to the owner of that website and that email may be used by that owner for marketing purposes. You will still have the option at time of purchase or in the future to opt out of receiving future marketing emails.
For Canadian Residents: Your personal information may be processed and stored outside of the province in which you reside and/or outside of Canada, by Leisure Pass Group Inc or by an affiliated or unaffiliated service provider, for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and, under the laws of these other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances foreign courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies may be entitled to access your personal information.
With whom we share your information
- Gocity.com may release your information in the following situations:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of gocity.com, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
- We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors a Web site receives or what are the most popular vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find helpful and of interest.
- How you can edit, update, correct or delete your information
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. When you make a purchase on the gocity.com site, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages from Leisure Pass Group Inc. If you wish to stop receiving emails, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link in any message to be unsubscribed. You may also let us know by calling 800-887-9103 or by sending us an email. Please be sure to note your email address, mailing address, full name, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. Unsubscribe can take up to 15 days. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other personal information with us please contact us the same way.
- How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using gocity.com to plan and purchase your travel, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us, including partnering with online industry leaders such as Verisign and HackerSafe. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. If you wish for us to no longer retain your data and want it removed from our systems, please send a request to con[email protected]. If you are unhappy with our privacy or data protection policies, please send a note to [email protected].
Gocity.com takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our web sites are general audience sites. We take pains not to permit anyone under the age of 13 to register with us. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13 without their parent's consent.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.