Make this Christmas special with a family vacation. Take a trip to an exciting city to experience their fun and festive attractions, while spending time together. We've put together recommendations for the best Christmas vacations for families. The options are diverse and there's sure to be something to suit everyone, from city breaks to beach vacations. Many of the top attractions are open around Christmastime, and some are open on Christmas Day itself. Additionally, many major attractions host festive events throughout the holiday season. Consider these cities as your Christmas vacation destination – you’re sure to have a wonderful time. Our best ideas for Christmas 2019 vacations for families are…Orlando is a classic family vacation that’s extra special around the holidays. This city has tons of kid-friendly attractions that often get into the holiday spirit with fun, festive events. Top attractions like LEGOLAND and Sea Life Orlando Aquarium are open throughout the season, including on Christmas Day, so you won’t be short of things to do! Plus, Orlando’s weather in December can reach highs of 75 Fahrenheit, with lows still in the 50s.San Diego is perfect if you want a seasonal experience without the winter weather. Kid-friendly attractions like Sea World and San Diego Zoo host festive events throughout December. But with temperature highs of 66 and lows of 50, you get to enjoy the Christmas activities in a gorgeous So Cal climate.The ultimate city for a Christmas vacation? New York. Magical activities like ice skating and Christmas shows combined with chilly weather, amazing decorations and (potential) snow make NYC the place to be this Christmas. New York City has so much to offer families all year round, but Christmas is an especially exciting time to visit the city.
- San Diego
- New York City
Save on admissionAdmission to top attractions in these cities is included in the Go City pass. You could save up to 65% on admission to attractions vs gate price.
- Christmas Bricktacular: LEGOLAND Florida’s annual holiday celebration, Christmas Bricktacular, is back. There will be festive entertainment, character meet and greets, and a 30-feet tall LEGO Christmas tree. Plus, kids will get to take part in building, as well as posing with a LEGO snowman and reindeer.
- Sea Life Orlando Aquarium: Head to Sea Life Orlando Aquarium to see marine life up close, attend talks and feeding sessions, walk through a 360-degree tunnel and more. It’s sure to be a memorable Christmas activity!
- Sea World Christmas Celebration: One of San Diego’s most popular attractions, Sea World is hosting its annual Christmas Celebration. From November 23 through January 5, Sea World will transform into a winter wonderland. Kids will love storytime at Santa’s Christmas Village and will be so excited to meet Rudolph at Rudolph’s Christmastown.
- Jungle Bells: San Diego Zoo’s hosting their Christmas celebration, Jungle Bells, from December 13 to January 5, including Christmas Day! Expect the zoo to be full of events, live entertainment, and festive food. Visiting the zoo on Christmas would be such a unique experience and a special memory.
New York City
- Ice skating at Rockefeller Center: A classic New York Christmas activity is ice skating at Rockefeller Center. Visit the famous NYC location and skate in front of the iconic Rockefeller Christmas tree. While you’re in the area, you have to take a trip up to the Top of the Rock observatory for some of the best views of the city.
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular: Kids will absolutely love the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. See the famous Rockettes in this exciting, high-energy show complete with amazing costumes, music, set and lights. If you’re inspired by the Rockettes, make sure you take the Radio City Stage Door Tour, where you’ll get to meet a real Rockette.
OahuWho doesn’t want to spend Christmas on the beach? Head to Oahu for an unforgettable family vacation complete with an authentic luau and swimming with dolphins. There are so many family-friendly activities to do, plus festive events at top attractions. The best part, however, is the summer weather.
- Sea Life Park Hawaii: How about swimming with dolphins on Christmas Day? Sea Life Park Hawaii is open throughout the holiday season, so you could spend your Christmas spending time with marine life, including a dolphin encounter experience. Plus, it’s suitable for children 3 and up as you can interact with dolphins from a platform – perfect for smaller children who can’t go into deep water just yet.
- Luau at Polynesian Cultural Center: Hawaiians celebrate major events like birthdays, weddings and graduations with a luau, so why not attend one during the holidays? While there isn’t a luau on Christmas day itself, the Polynesian Cultural Center will be decorated throughout the holiday season, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to celebrate.