A party on wheels, THE RIDE is an unparalleled experience you’ll want to enjoy again and again. This uniquely designed, custom-built bus turns New York City’s sidewalks into the hottest show in town. Take a ride complete with singing, dancing and comedic street performances. Hosted by talented tour guides, THE RIDE is 75 minutes of non-stop showmanship, guaranteed to put a smile on your face. If you’re looking for a completely unique, great experience – plus want the inside scoop about the city that never sleeps – THE RIDE is one trip you can’t pass up. Check out our helpful guide for experiencing THE RIDE in New York City. It's packed full of ways to save on admission, tips for visiting, other nearby attractions, and much more.
How to get THE RIDE New York discount tickets?
We’ve got you covered – THE RIDE admission is available with the below money saving options, so you can choose the attraction pass that’s right for you: 1. Explorer Pass – Choose as you go. Includes admission of up to 10 attractions. 2. Build Your Own Pass – Select the attractions you want to visit prior to visiting. See all available passes, attractions & prices – Learn more.
Tips for Experiencing THE RIDE
- Passengers line up in front of Senor Froggies, a restaurant located at 11 Times Square on 42nd Street. Get there at least 15 minutes prior to boarding, after you have acquired your boarding pass at the box office. Here’s where the fun begins, as guests chat while standing on line, in anticipation of the great experience to come.
- When it’s time to board, you’ll be escorted directly across the street to THE RIDE bus, which boards in front of Chevys Fresh Mex.
- THE RIDE features floor-to-ceiling, panoramic windows, so you don’t have to worry about your place on line. Every view is a perfect view, so there’s no bad seat on THE RIDE.
- In order to assure the best possible RIDE experience, bus tours may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, such as blizzards or hurricanes. Check your reservation before you go, if weather conditions are severe.
- THE RIDE may occasionally get cancelled due to mechanical issues.
- THE RIDE is a great way to learn about the city while having an amazing time. It’s also the perfect venue for Sweet Sixteens’, kids’ birthday parties and celebrations of all kinds.
- THE RIDE showcases interactive street performances, viewable from your seats, by professional singers, dancers and standup comedians throughout the trip. You never know where they’ll pop up next, or what they’ll perform!
- There are no lavatories on THE RIDE.
- THE RIDE is recommended for children six years of age and up.
- It is not wheelchair or handicapped accessible.
- THE RIDE may be a party, but no alcoholic beverages or food and drink of any kind, is allowed on board.
When is the best time to take THE RIDE?
- Day or evening, nothing beats THE RIDE.
- Weekend RIDES often get booked up by large groups, so if you're planning to pick up tickets without making a prior reservation, weekdays may be your best bet.
- A popular tourist attraction, THE RIDE also books up quickly during summer months and on Christmas week.
What is THE RIDE?Entertaining riders with interactive karaoke, original musical numbers and hilarious comedy routines, each tour guide is well-versed in New York City’s history and fascinating fun facts they’ll share with you, as you tour Times Square, Hell’s Kitchen and Midtown Manhattan. Large and in charge, THE RIDE is the largest vehicle allowed on New York City’s streets, at 45-feet long, 14-feet high and 8-feet wide. It features the best audio, video and wireless technology available, giving riders an exciting experience while providing a flawless, interactive connection to street performers and passersby. THE RIDE can accommodate 49 passengers. Every guest sits on patented, custom-designed stadium-style seating, assuring perfect views. 40 in-vehicle monitors, providing interesting tidbits about New York and New Yorkers, plus 3,000 LED lights and five exterior LED arrays keep the action going. Riders also enjoy an interior surround sound system and external speaker system, so no one has to worry about missing a thing, either inside or outside THE RIDE.
What do you see on THE RIDE?
THE RIDE travels through the east and west sides of Midtown Manhattan. The tour guides provide educational facts about various attractions you'll see, many of which you may want to visit. These include:
- Times Square and Broadway – Times Square, brightly lit by digital, neon billboards 24/7, is the uncontested heart of New York City. The site of the most famous New Year’s Eve party on the planet, there’s always something to see or do here.
- Grand Central Terminal – A historical landmark and transportation hub, Grand Central houses 68 shops and 35 eclectic eateries. There’s always something happening, so check the calendar before you go.
- Chrysler Building – This building was built in 1930 and is considered by many to be New York’s most beautiful building. The Chrysler is a 2,062,772 square foot, art deco masterpiece, featuring an eclectic roster of corporate tenants and newly-renovated, historical lobby.
- Carnegie Hall – Iconic as New York itself, this historic venue hosts a wide range of orchestral, jazz, violin and vocal concerts. Boasting a tradition of excellence, playing Carnegie Hall is the dream of performers the world over. Check the monthly calendar for ticket information.
- New York Public Library – A museum and library in one, this famous Fifth Avenue institution is known for the majestic stone lions flanking its path. You don’t need a library card to enjoy the free, visiting exhibitions or fun gift shop. Check the website for exhibit listings.
- Radio City Music Hall – Home of the legendary Rockettes, Radio City Music Hall, located in Rockefeller Center, holds rousing rock concerts and unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime shows all year round.
Where to eat near THE RIDE? What restaurants are near THE RIDE?
Need to Know
- Box Office Hours: Monday-Saturday, 9:00 am-8:30 pm; Sunday, 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- Tour hours: For the full schedule of operation for THE RIDE, visit TheRideNyc.com.
Directions & Address
The RIDE Box Office: Lobby of Madame Tussauds, 234 W 42nd Street (between 7th and 8th Avenues) The RIDE Departure Point: 42nd Street & 8th Avenue (in front of Chevy's Mexican Restaurant) New York, NY 10036
Save on Tickets with a New York City Explorer Pass
Remember, the New York City Explorer Pass® is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility, which includes THE RIDE NYC tickets, plus admission to your choice of other top attractions. Save up to 50% on top museums, tours, and activities vs. paying at the gate. Visit multiple attractions for one low price.