It’s tough being a toddler. Everything’s happening for the first time, they don’t know what’s going on, and a tantrum could happen at any moment. Sometimes they just need a break from it all! Does your toddler need to just chill out? Take them on a vacation! We know that going on vacation with a toddler can be tough. But visiting a city with lots of attractions aimed at toddlers can make it a little easier. The best vacations for toddlers include fun, engaging activities, and attractions made specifically for little kids. But traveling with a toddler doesn’t mean older kids should miss out. Tons of attractions across the US have little and big kids in mind, so the whole family is sure to be entertained throughout your visit. Take a look at our ideas for the best vacations for toddlers, including…
- San Diego
- San Antonio
Save with Go CityAdmission to top attractions is included in the Go City pass. You could save up to 65% on admission vs gate price. Please note: Go City child passes are for children 3-12. Children aged 2 and under do not need a Go City pass. Children 3 and under are typically free at most attractions, however, a select few may charge admission for 2-year-olds. We’ve highlighted any attractions below that charge children aged 2 and under. We recommend purchasing a Go City pass for children aged 3 and older and purchasing tickets for 2-year-olds separately.
- Orlando has so many attractions for kids of all ages. LEGOLAND Florida in particular, however, has a whole area dedicated to toddlers. DUPLO Tot Spot has a play area, a water area, and train and tractor rides, all aimed at children aged three and under. Tot Spot also has a Baby Care Center, which has a nursing, bottle warming, and changing area.
- Another kid-friendly attraction in Orlando is Wonderworks. Thought it has attractions for visitors of all ages, toddlers will especially love blowing bubbles at the Bubble Lab, and running across the keys of the Giant Piano.
- Kids will love learning about marine life at Sea Life Aquarium. Toddlers can get up close to beautiful and fascinating animals like octopuses and starfish. They’ll be amazed at the 360 Ocean Tunnel, as sharks, turtles, and eels swim overhead!
- There are tons of toddler-friendly rides at SeaWorld. They can ride Aqua Scout, Octarock and Sea Dragon Drop, as these rides are aimed at small children. Toddlers have to be able to walk unassisted and minimum heights range from 31” to 36”. Plus, little ones will love seeing the fun animal shows and getting up close with cute animals like sea lions.
- Similarly to LEGOLAND Florida, LEGOLAND California is great for toddlers. They have lots of rides, playgrounds, and shows aimed at toddlers, and areas for toddlers within rides for big kids. Make sure to pick up their pamphlet ‘what to do when you’re two,’ when you arrive at the park – it highlights all attractions your little ones will love.
- Toddlers will San Diego Zoo – especially the animal encounters and play areas. Check their keeper talks schedule as soon as you get to the park because you don’t want to miss the chance to meet an animal! There are also three play areas for little kids to enjoy: Elephant Play Yard, Koala Kimber, and Polar Play Area.
- While there are lots of historic and cultural attractions in Boston, there are plenty for toddlers too. Take your tots to New England Aquarium to see penguins and sea lions swim, jump and play. Let your toddler gently pet rays and Epaulette sharks at the touch tanks. (Touch Tanks are closed until October 24, 2019.)
- Boston’s LEGOLAND Discovery Center is perfect for little ones. They’ll love DUPLO Farm, where they’ll get to build with big, soft bricks. This area is perfect for children aged 2-5! There’s also the LEGO City Play area, designed with toddlers in mind.
- The clue’s in the name – Boston Children’s Museum is a great kids’ attraction. Countdown to Kindergarten is a model classroom designed to prepare toddlers for starting school, where they can play and do crafts with other kids. They’ll also love learning about – and playing with – bubbles. Please note: Boston Children’s Museum tickets are included with the Go Boston pass. Regular admission for children 1 and older is $18. Children under 1 are free.
- Little ones will love Philadelphia Zoo, but especially the Children’s Zoo. There, you’ll find a petting yard and a discovery center full of fun, interactive activities. Please note: Philadelphia Zoo tickets are included with the Go Philadelphia pass. Regular admission for children 2 and older is $19. Children under 2 are free.
- There’s lots to see and do at Adventure Aquarium for toddlers. They’ll see brightly colored fish, adorable little penguins, and more fascinating marine animals. Plus, Gill’s Grotto is an underwater-themed playground aimed at younger children, and little ones will love getting to touch stingrays at Stingray Beach Club. Please note: Adventure Aquarium tickets are included with the Go Philadelphia pass. Regular admission for children 2-12 is $21.99.
- Toddlers can get up close to animals at Jungle Island. Make sure to visit the petting zoo and kangaroo interaction, and of course, take a photo with the famous parrots!
- Another great Miami attraction for toddlers is Miami Seaquarium. As well as getting to explore 38-acres of animal exhibits, they’ll get to watch animal shows and pet some animals in the touch pools.
- A must-visit for toddlers visiting Miami is Fun Spot America Theme Park. Rides recommended for children 2 and up include frog Hopper, Sea Serpent, Super Trucks, Kiddie Swings and more. Please note: Your Go Miami pass includes admission to a choice of four rides at Fun Spot America. For children aged 2, you can purchase ride tickets separately.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas may seem like an attraction for big kids only, but that’s not the case! Little kids can enjoy rides like Daffy’s School Bus, Foghorn Leghorn’s Barnyard Railway, Kiddee Koaster, Kinderstein, and Krazy Kars. There are varying height requirements for these rides, but you’re sure to find a selection of rides suited for your toddler.
- San Antonio Zoo has tons of exhibits that will intrigue and entertain your toddlers, but they will especially love the Fun Farm, where they’ll get to pet goats and pigs. You might also get to feed a giraffe...
- Little kids will love Splashtown, especially Kids’ Kove. It has mini slides and shallow pools designed with toddlers in mind, so they’ll enjoy just as much as the big kids on the high-thrill rides! Please note: Your Go San Antonio pass includes Splashtown tickets. For children aged 2, you must purchase tickets separately.