Dubai is an extremely popular gateway for global travelers. Whether you're coming from Europe, North or South America, or Asia, the city is a busy stopover point. If you find yourself with one day in Dubai as a stopover on your long haul journey, it can be hard to decide what to cram in with such limited time. Fortunately, we’ve put together a number of options that can be used as a one day in Dubai itinerary to help you make the most of your stopover in the Emirate. These one day itinerary options include:
- Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Sightseeing Tour
- At The Top Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Mall & Dubai Fountains
- Ski Dubai
- The Lost Chambers Aquarium at Atlantis The Palm
- Dubai Palm Cruise Tour
- and more!
Save On Attraction Admission
Visit these top attractions and save up to 55% off vs. paying at the gate with a Go Dubai Card. Remember, this one day in Dubai itinerary is just one of many ways to experience the UAE. See all available Dubai passes, attractions, and prices here. The Go Dubai Card gives you the flexibility to create your own itinerary, so you can choose from dozens of top attractions and create a vacation tailored to your interests.
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary #1:
Stop #1 – Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Sightseeing Tour
Stop #2 – Ski Dubai
Stop #3 – Lost Chambers Aquarium
Stop #4 – Dubai Palm Cruise Tour
Stop #5 – Dubai Mall & Dubai Fountains (free!)
Once you've finished your luxurious tour of the Palm, cruise back down SZR to the Downtown Dubai area for a stop at Dubai Mall and the Dubai Fountains. Dubai Mall once held the title of the largest and most innovative mall in the world. Today it still delights with a multitude of shops, dining options, a huge multiplex movie theater, and even an indoor ice skating rink. It's certainly a site to tick off on your to-do list with offerings for all ages. One of the mall’s most interesting features can actually be found outside of it: the famous dancing Dubai Fountains. This is the world’s biggest choreographed fountain system that springs to life with music and light performances set to both Arabic and world music hits. Please note that the fountain show begins only in the afternoon. Watch as the spectacular water and light show illuminates the dusky sky as the day turns to evening. Be sure to get a good spot near the Souk Al Bahar bridge for prime viewing. Getting In: It's free to explore the Dubai Mall.
Stop #6 – At The Top Burj Khalifa
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary #2:
- Take a Hop on Hop Off Big Bus Dubai Sightseeing Tour - and see all of Dubai on 3 routes - the best introduction to the city. The Red Route (City Tour) takes you to the old quarters of Dubai, where you can hop off at the Gold Souk or Spice Souk.
- Take a 1-hour Dhow cruise on the Dubai Creek and visit the Dubai Museum (all included in your 1 Day Big Bus Dubai ticket).
- Head back to Dubai Mall on the way back and go At The Top at Burj Khalifa.
- Visit the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo at the Dubai Mall.
- Take a tour of the Dubai Mall, the world's largest shopping mall in the world!
- Delight your palate with the Arabian Culinary Experience (featuring Lebanese delicacies) at Al Hallab Restaurant on the outdoor terrace with views of the Dubai Fountain show.
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary #3:
- You've got to visit At The Top at Burj Khalifa.
- Visit the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo at Dubai Mall.
- Take a tour the Dubai Mall, the world's largest shopping mall in the world!
- Delight your palate with the Arabian Culinary Experience (serving Lebanese delicacies) at Al Hallab Restaurant on the Dubai Mall terrace with views of the Dubai Fountain show. Please note: Fountain shows only start in the afternoon.
- Head to the pristine Dubai desert with the afternoon Desert Safari & BBQ Dinner (includes pick up directly at Dubai Mall around 3.30pm).
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary #4:
- Enjoy a family day at Aquaventure Waterpark, at Atlantis hotel on the Dubai Palm Jumeirah.
- Visit the stunning Lost Chambers Aquarium and have lunch at one of the many outlets at Atlantis.
- If you have some time, head to Ski Dubai for some afternoon fun or head to The Beach (JBR) for some afternoon swimming at the sea.
- Enjoy a Dhow Dinner Cruise at Dubai Marina with stunning views of the Marina Waterfront.
Example 1 Day Dubai Itinerary #5:
- Take a rib speed boat sightseeing tour at Dubai Marina.
- Have a swim at The Beach (JBR) and grab lunch at many of the restaurants and shopping outlets there.
- Head to Ski Dubai at Mall of the Emirates for some afternoon indoor skiing & shopping.
- Head to At The Top, Burj Khalifa.
- Delight your palate with the Arabian Culinary Experience (offering Lebanese delicacies) at Al Hallab Restaurant on the Dubai Mall terrace with views of the Dubai Fountain show.
If you follow the items outlined in any of these one day in Dubai itineraries with a Go Dubai Card, you’ll be able to save up to 55% on combined admission costs. Simply download your pass and then pick and choose the attractions you most want to see. So if you're spending a stopover in Dubai, we hope you'll consider some of the attractions on this itinerary. Happy travels!