Brings the Kids to Dublin!
There are plenty of great things to do in Dublin with the kids - although at first glance it might not seem it. If you need some inspiration of where to take your children, among the historic buildings, museums and art galleries of Dublin, you're in luck. Here is a short list to keep the kids entertained during their visit. From pitch and put, to wax models and legendary leprechauns, the kids will love you for taking them to Dublin!
- Discover Dublin in Dublinia. Dublina offers fantastic interactive exhibitions with actors who will take you back in time, to the Viking and Medieval heritage of Dublin. It's a great museum to get the kids involved in Dublin's past.
- Visit Dublin Castle. The Castle is the site of the progression of Dublin for over 800 years and is not to be missed. The kids will be in of the stories you'll hear, and you can also visit the gothic Chapel Royal and the Great Courtyard there too.
- Visit the Chester Beatty Library. One of the city's most important art galleries, both for its art works and manuscripts from the European Renaissance, it's a good eye opener for the kids. If they're too young to appreciate it, here are activity packs for free for younger children to keep them engaged throughout the exhibits!
- Visit the National Wax Museum Plus. Who doesn't want to meet their sporting or celebrity hero? Dublin's wax museum features a great lifelike waxworks, as well as a Kids’ world and touch screen technology in the interactive Science Zone.
- The national Leprechaun Museum. Ireland's leprechauns are a think of folkloric history so make sure you visit the Leprechaun Museum to learn all about these mythical creatures. You'll be enchanted by storytelling which will open up the magical world of Irish imagination and Dublin’s cultural identity.
- See the animals at Dublin Zoo. Visit one of the most popular attractions in Dublin for the family. See animals from around the world, like the African Savannah and Asian forests. From lions to gorillas, there are a wide range of exotic animals to discover.
- Pitch and put in the Rainforest Golf Adventure. Challenge each other around the 18 hole course as you race each other down the holes. Get your best aim on and whoever completes the 19th hole, the Jaguar Temple Challenge, will be entered in a prize draw...
- Hold onto your swimcaps at the Aquazone Aquatic Centre. Splash around at the Aquatic Centre for endless fun on slides, rides and lazy rivers. It's great for parents who want to relax by the pool side, or kids after some adrenaline.
- Learn about farming at Airfield Farm. As well as learning about the Overend family as farmers and their work through sustainable farming and charitable work. See the vegetable garden, daily cow milking and beautiful ornamental gardens.
- Cycling and horse riding in Wicklow. If your kids like the outdoors, take them to County Wicklow for a day out in the fresh air, with a range of activities to enjoy from cycling and horseriding, to rock climbing and country walks.