If there's just one attraction you must visit on vacation in Las Vegas, it’s the Grand Canyon. It’s one of the natural wonders of the world and a breathtaking sight to see. Therefore, check out our guide below on how to plan a trip to the Grand Canyon! A full-day guided tour of the Grand Canyon
using a Go Las Vegas pass includes...
- Roundtrip transportation
- Morning snack and water
- Picnic lunch
- Admission to the National Park
- National Park South Rim & Village Tour
Save on admission
Use your Go Las Vegas pass for a full-day guided tour of the Grand Canyon. This is a premium attraction available with 3, 4, 5, and 7-day passes. Many popular Las Vegas attractions are included with the Go Las Vegas pass
. You could save up to 65% on admission vs gate price.
Top Grand Canyon facts
- The Grand Canyon spans a massive 4,926 km2 area.
- The National Park was established 100 years ago on 26 February 1919.
- The Canyon is 6,093 feet deep.
- It was formed approximately 5-6 million years old.
- Rock at the Grand Canyon dates back to 2 billion years ago.
Grand Canyon FAQs
- Where is the Grand Canyon? It is located in the Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona. The nearest cities are Las Vegas, Nevada, and Phoenix, Arizona.
- How far is the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas? The Grand Canyon is approximately a 4-hour drive from Las Vegas but may take longer by coach.
- How was the Grand Canyon formed? It was formed between 5-6 million years ago when the Colorado River carved through the layers of volcanic rock.
- How long is the tour of the Grand Canyon? The full-day tour lasts approximately 13 hours, including transport to and from the Las Vegas Strip. You will leave Las Vegas at around 5:30 AM and will return to the strip at around 7 PM. With this in mind, make sure to dedicate an entire day of your vacation to this tour.
What should I bring to the Grand Canyon?
- A camera – The views here are stunning. With this in mind, don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the sights. It is worth noting, however, that it is dangerous to stand too close to the edge for photos. Therefore, you should be careful. Check their website for more safety tips.
- Water – It is important to remember that it can get hot, and you will spend long periods of time outside. As a result, you need to stay hydrated. Bottled water will be provided on the tour. But even so, bring your own reusable bottle, too.
- Walking shoes – Given that touring this tour will involve a lot of walking, make sure you wear appropriate, comfortable shoes.
- Snacks – A picnic lunch and a morning snack are provided by the tour. Nevertheless, as it’s a long day, you may want to bring additional snacks, especially if you’re traveling with children.
What is there to see and do at the Grand Canyon?
- National Park South Rim & Village Tour – Your guide will take you to popular viewpoints, trails, and attractions.
- Mather Point – Mather Point is a popular viewpoint and a great place to take in the sights.
- Yavapai Point – While you have to make a 3.4-mile roundtrip hike to reach this viewpoint, it is worth it.
- Grand Canyon Village – Visit the shops in the Village for handmade gifts and souvenirs.
- Hopi House – Hopi House was built in 1904 by Mary Colter and notably, it is a National Historic Landmark.
- Kolb Photo Studio – The Kolb Photo Studio operated between 1904 and 1976 and is now an art gallery and bookstore.
- Bright Angel Trail – Bright Angel Trail is a popular hiking trail originating at the South Rim.
This is a must-see attraction for anyone visiting Las Vegas. The full-day guided tour is a great option, as it provides transport, lunch, and a tour to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. It's a great day-time attraction
, too, as Las Vegas can seem more focused on its nightlife. Remember, the full-day guided tour is included with the Go Las Vegas pass
, as are many other popular Las Vegas attractions. You could save up to 65% on admission vs gate price.
Share your trip with us
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and share your adventure with us. Tag us at @GoCity and use #GoCityPass on your travel photos to keep us up to date with your vacation!