Universal Studios Singapore is Southeast Asia’s first and only Universal Studios theme park located on the picturesque Sentosa Island. It comprises 24 sensational rides, attractions, and shows across seven themed zones. Coming in the top ten of Singapore’s most popular attractions, Universal Studios is a theme park set in paradise. Here you can also enjoy beaches, tropical flora, whimsical architecture, and world-class dining. While the Singapore park is the Universal franchise’s smallest park, its popularity is constantly increasing, placing it firmly within the top 25 of global theme park attendance. With such diverse adventures, entertainment, scenery, and food options, Universal Studios is an unmissable attraction for visitors to Singapore. Check out our helpful guide for visiting Universal Studios Singapore, packed full of tips for visiting, ways to save on admission, other nearby attractions, and much more.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by @xxle.fraisierxx on Sep 21, 2019 at 10:51pm PDT
How to get Universal Studios Singapore discount tickets?
We’ve got you covered – Universal Studios Singapore tickets are available on the Go Singapore pass so you can save big on admission prices. Use your pass to visit the city's most popular attractions and enjoy big discounts with combined admission.
Tips for Visiting Universal Studios Singapore
- Arrive early! You’ll need at least one entire day to visit Universal in order to make the most of your experience.
- Head to the biggest and most popular rides first to beat the queues.
- Check Universal’s website and social media channels before visiting to see what’s new and events that are taking place during your visit.
- Check the meet-and-greet timing board to make sure you don't miss out on those character interactions - it changes almost daily.
- Plan on eating at the park for both lunch and dinner, as there are tons of quality dining options.
- Bring your own water bottle to fill up and make sure you stay hydrated in the heat.
When is the best time to visit Universal Studios Singapore?
Since Universal Studios Singapore is bound to be an all-day experience, if you really want to make the most of your time, we recommend arriving as soon as it opens. Singapore is a year-round destination, enjoying an average of 86°F (30°C) each day of the year. The temperature and humidity remain relatively the same throughout the year, although the ‘dry’ season (where sudden downpours still occur) exists between February and April.
What to bring to Universal Studios Singapore
- Comfortable shoes & breathable clothes
- A camera or smartphone to capture those memories
- Sunscreen and/or a hat
- Bottled water
- A waterproof bag
- Your phone charger
- Waterproof jacket/poncho - the weather can be changeable at certain times of year
What is there to do at Universal Studios Singapore? Does Universal Studios Singapore have rollercoasters?
There’s so much to see and do that you’ll likely need to devote an entire day in order to get the real Universal experience. From rollercoasters to live shows, it’s impossible to be bored at Universal. Here are just a few of Universal Studios Singapore's popular rides and attractions...
- Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN vs. CYLON™: The world’s tallest dueling rollercoaster! That’s right, two separate tracks run parallel to each other, twisting, turning and intertwining, sending riders giddy with hair-raising close shaves! Based on the tv series Battlestar Galactica, you can choose to ride one of two ‘battling’ coasters and riders on both will experience unbelievable thrills as they race towards each other.
- Puss In Boots’ Giant Journey: An adventure ride for the whole family! Twist and turn on a giant beanstalk as you help Puss find the precious golden eggs.
- TRANSFORMERS The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle: Immerse yourself in the exciting world of Transformers on this hyper-realistic 3D thrill ride. Help Optimus Prime and the Autobots stop the evil Decepticons from stealing the Allspark.
- Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure™: Jump aboard a white-water raft as you race away from hungry dinosaurs. This thrilling ride will see you twist and turn through waterways, while the looming threat of the T-Rex’s roar echoes in the distance.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Ratih Sekar Mutiara (@rsm20photos) on Sep 20, 2019 at 9:46pm PDT
Universal Studios Singapore facts
- Eighteen out of 24 of the rides at Universal Studios Singapore are completely unique to the park.
- The park has seven themed areas: Hollywood, New York, Sci-Fi City, Ancient Egypt, The Lost World, Far Far Away, and Madagascar.
- It's the only Universal Studios park in Southeast Asia.
What is there to do near Universal Studios Singapore?
Situated on the paradise island of Sentosa, visitors to Universal Studios should also check out...
- S.E.A Aquarium: home to more than 100,000 sea creatures across 50 different types of habitat from across the globe, lose yourself in this underwater world. From giant octopus and hammerhead sharks to tiny seahorses and mystical jellyfish, you will gaze in awe of their majestic beauty.
- Adventure Cove Waterpark: Thrilling slides and encounters with marine life all in one place. Here you can rush down high-speed water slides, drift leisurely on the lazy river, snorkel with 20,000 tropical fish over a colorful reef, wade among rays and even come face to face with sharks!
- Maritime Adventure Museum: Go on a journey through time among 15 thematic galleries that chart the history of the Maritime Silk Route. You’ll follow the epic quests of seafarers from centuries ago and even attempt to escape an invasion by pirates.
What restaurants are at Universal Studios Singapore?
Universal Studios Singapore is brimming with fantastic places to eat. With cuisines from all over the world, the only hard part will be choosing where to dine.
- table65: the ultimate example of ‘fine-casual’ dining, where European flavors are made using seasonal produce and presented artistically - all enjoyed at the communal chef’s table as diners watch the culinary action unfold.
- CURATE: Asia's first Michelin showcase restaurant – this exemplary restaurant was voted the best in Singapore in the 2018 Singapore Tourism Awards. Their dishes are delicious and inventive, enjoyed among a sumptuous restaurant where memories are made.
- Feng Shui Inn: Here you can enjoy the rich and diverse flavors of Cantonese cuisine in an awe-inspiring palace-like setting.
- Forest森: East meets West as Chinese cuisine gets a brand-new innovative spin from celebrity chef Sam Leong.
- Sessions: Indulge in Singapore’s famous shiok chili crab – a mouth-watering example of this city’s fusion of cuisines.
And many more from global brands such as McDonald's, Starbucks, Hard Rock Café and tons of others!
Save on Attractions in Singapore
Go City® is the best way to sightsee and save in Singapore. You’ll get admission to the city’s top attractions while making huge savings on combined admission. Check out the full range of Go Singapore attractions and start planning your trip.
Share your trip with us
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and share your adventure with us. Tag us at @GoCity to keep us up to date with your vacation.