Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- Cultural & historical sitesFamily-friendlyMost popularIndoors
- Book your slot!
What you'll do
Opened in 1929, MoMA's collection of modern art has grown to be one of the best and largest in the world.
Visit the Museum of Modern Art with Go City®
- Pay nothing at the gate – simply scan your digital pass
- Admission to MoMA's collection galleries, special exhibitions, and sculpture garden
- Your pass gives you access to many more attractions in New York, so don't forget to check them out
The Museum of Modern Art — or 'MoMA' as it's known by locals — is the most influential modern art museum in the world. It houses one of the best collections of contemporary masterpieces and is an inspiring place to spend an afternoon or an entire day.
The gorgeous building is worth a visit alone — it's filled with light and boasts cutting-edge architecture. Use your pass for admission and enjoy modern art masterpieces like Vincent van Gogh’s “The Starry Night,” Claude Monet’s “Water Lilies,” and Andy Warhol’s “Campbell’s Soup Cans”.
And, when it comes to the classics, you've got pieces from Frida Kahlo, Jacob Lawrence, Edward Hopper, Jackson Pollock, and many more.
After you've explored the interiors, head to the outdoor garden to relax among the plants and sculptures.
In addition to its premier permanent collection, the Museum of Modern Art regularly showcases a range of special multimedia exhibitions too, so check the schedule before you plan your visit.
Museum of Modern Art highlights
Don't miss these must-see masterpieces on your visit to the museum.
- Vincent van Gogh, The Starry Night (1889)
- Salvador Dalí, The Persistence of Memory (1931)
- Frida Kahlo, Self-Portrait with Cropped Hair (1940)
- Pablo Picasso, Les Demoiselles d'Avignon (1907)
- Andy Warhol, Campbell’s Soup Cans (1962)
- Henri Rousseau, The Sleeping Gypsy (1897)
Museum of Modern Art facts
- Iconic artists in the collection include Vincent Van Gogh, Frida Kahlo, Andy Warhol, Pablo Picasso, Jean-Michel Basquiat, and many more.
- The museum's collection grew from six rooms in 1929 to 708,000 square feet today
- The original collection included just eight drawings and one print and has grown to more than 200,000 works of art
- Did you know MoMA was the first museum in the US to collect film?
Discover the Magic of MoMA NYC Tickets
Unlock the doors to the art world with MoMA NYC tickets. Experience the iconic masterpieces and contemporary creations at the Museum of Modern Art, a hub for innovation and creativity. Dive into the heart of New York's vibrant art scene. Witness the works of legendary artists like Picasso, Van Gogh, and Warhol, as well as emerging talents that redefine the boundaries of art.
MoMA New York Tickets: Your Gateway to Inspiration
Secure your MoMA New York tickets today with Go City® and prepare to be amazed. The museum is home to over 200,000 works of art, ensuring there's always something new to explore and appreciate. Immerse yourself in a diverse array of exhibitions, from painting and sculpture to photography, film, and design. MoMA's collection transcends time and space, inviting you to embark on a journey of creative discovery.
Don't miss the dynamic, interactive installations that provoke thought and stimulate the senses. Participate in educational programs and workshops designed to foster a deeper understanding of the artistic process. Connect with fellow art enthusiasts and share your insights on groundbreaking exhibitions. With MoMA NYC tickets, you're not just a spectator, but an integral part of a thriving artistic community.
Witness the evolution of modern and contemporary art firsthand. Reserve your MoMA New York tickets now and embark on an unforgettable adventure that will leave you inspired and enriched.
Experience Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: once you arrive at the Museum, proceed through a security inspection. Scan your pass at any kiosk on the left side of the lobby to receive a printed ticket. Show your printed tickets at the gallery entrance for admission.
Please note: children ages 16 and under receive free general admission.
Tips for visiting MoMA NYC
- The morning is the most crowded time to visit. We suggest visiting during an alternate time.
- MoMA is accessible and wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are free of charge.
- Our checkroom is currently closed. Scooters, skateboards, rolling bags, and all items over 11×17×5” [28×43×13 cm] are not permitted in the Museum. All bags will be inspected upon arrival. Please wear backpacks on the front of your chest or carry them to the side.
- Photography is permitted, but video is not.
- There are dining opportunities within the museum including The Modern restaurant, Café 2, and The Terrace Cafe.
- Connect to MoMA NYC's free WiFi and get access to the museum's digital map and audio guides. Charging stations are also provided throughout the Museum.
- Join artists, curators, and creative thinkers for conversations and workshops in the Crown Creativity Lab, MoMA's new participatory space on Floor 2; or visit the family-friendly Art Lab.
For more information visit the MoMA website.
MOMA NYC Tour tickets help
Simply ask our help team if you have any questions.
Museum of Modern Art FAQS
Q. What is the location of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)?
A. MoMA is located at 11 West 53rd Street, New York, NY 10019, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
Q. Are there guided tours available at MoMA?
A. Yes, MoMA offers a variety of guided tours for visitors to explore the museum's exhibitions and collections.
Q. Is MoMA wheelchair accessible?
A. MoMA is fully wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs are available for visitors at no additional charge.
Q. Can I bring my camera to MoMA?
A. Photography is allowed for personal, non-commercial use, but flash, tripods, and selfie sticks are prohibited.
Q. Does MoMA have a coat check?
A. Yes, MoMA provides a complimentary coat check for visitors to store their belongings during their visit.
Q. Are there dining options within the museum?
A. MoMA offers several dining options, including a cafe, a fine dining restaurant, and a coffee bar.
Where you'll be
11 West 53rd Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues), null, New York, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.