Top of the Rock Observatory
- Most popularOpen lateFamily-friendlyCultural & historical sites
What you'll do
Enjoy access to a 360-degree view of New York City from the Rockefeller Plaza’s iconic 30 Rock building.
Visit the Top of the Rock Observatory with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- Includes admission to the Top Of The Rock Observatory.
- Whizz 70 floors in a glass elevator for 360-degree views of the city.
- See iconic views of the city, Empire State Building, and Central Park.
- Nearly 10,000 square feet of outdoor viewing space with 360-degree views.
- Tip: visit between 9AM and 3PM for the shortest wait times.
Manhattan is all about skylines and Top of the Rock is up there with the best.
You'll hop in a glass elevator and whizz 70 floors up to the Top of the Rock Observatory. Comprising both indoor and outdoor spaces, this 55,000 square-foot area is made up of three observation decks that give you unobstructed, 360-degree views of the city, including Central Park, the Hudson River, and even Connecticut on a clear day. Best of all, the Art Deco building offers something the Empire State Building never will – a view of the Empire State Building.
You can explore the exhibits and see the short films covering Rockefeller Center’s historic 10-year construction during the Great Depression in the 1930s. Then ascend to the Top in less than 1 minute with a ride up 850 feet (260 m) on the Sky Shuttle. You'll spot icons of New York's famous skyline including the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, George Washington & Brooklyn Bridges, One World Trade Center, and the Statue of Liberty.
Your pass also includes entry to a multimedia exhibition so you can learn all about the iconic building and the man behind it – John D. Rockefeller. Visit during the day for amazing panoramic views or at night to see the electric city all lit up.
Top of the Rock facts
- If you’re visiting during the holiday season you’ll be able to see the famous Christmas tree. It ranges in size from 18 to 30 meters and is covered with over 50,000 LED lights. The Swarovski-crystal star that tops the tree first appeared in 2004 and is nearly three meters in diameter.
- There are over 200 flagpoles that line the plaza at street level. They display flags of United Nations member countries, the US states and territories, or decorative and seasonal motifs. During national and state holidays, every pole carries the flag of the United States.
- The Top of the Rock is 850 feet tall making it the 22nd tallest building in New York City and the 47th tallest in the United States.
- The Top of the Rock is located at the top of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, the centerpiece of the Rockefeller Center, which opened in 1933.
Experience the Best Views of New York City with Top of the Rock Tickets
With so many iconic landmarks and incredible views, it's no wonder that tourists flock to the city every year. One of the best ways to experience the beauty of the Big Apple is with Top of the Rock tickets. The Top of the Rock observation deck is located on the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Center, offering breathtaking views of the city from every angle.
Unmatched Views and Unique Experiences
With Top of the Rock tickets, you'll be able to see some of the most distinguishable landmarks in the world, such as the Empire State Building, Central Park, and the Statue of Liberty. The observation deck is open daily from 8 am to midnight, so you can visit at any time to take in the panoramic views. In addition to the stunning vistas, Top of the Rock offers unique experiences such as a guided tour, seasonal installations, and an outdoor observation deck.
Whether you're visiting New York City for the first time or you're a seasoned traveler, a visit to the Top of the Rock observation deck is a must-do. With unbeatable views, unparalleled experiences, and a prime location in the heart of the city, Top of the Rock tickets is the perfect way to take your NYC adventure to new heights.
Experience Top of the Rock Observatory and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: use the Rockefeller Center entrance on 50th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues) and go down the staircase to enter the pass redemption line. Present your valid pass for admission in the next available time slot. During busy periods like summer and the holidays, we recommend arriving between 9AM and 3PM for the shortest wait times. To enter Top of the Rock, proceed upstairs and through a security screening.
Time to kill before your admission slot? Why not get a few more things ticked off nearby while you wait! We recommend exploring the iconic FAO Schwarz toy store, St. Patrick's Cathedral, or the many Rockefeller Center shops and eateries.
Group tours: if you are traveling with a tour group, please send a tour group leader to exchange all passes for timed admission tickets between 10AM and 11AM on the day you plan to visit the observatory. Tour groups that arrive after 11AM without timed admission tickets may be turned away.
Tips for visiting the Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- Top of the Rock is open from 9AM to 12AM daily so you can visit day or night, sun up or sundown.
- Top of the Rock and the Rockefeller Center Tours are fully wheelchair accessible. There are handicapped restrooms at Top of The Rock. Licensed service dogs are welcome.
- Food and drinks are not permitted but there are plenty of dining options available at Rockefeller Center. Take your pick from a number ofdining options in Rockefeller Center including Lodi, Del Frisco’s Grille, Bill’s Bar & Burger, Dough, Chip City, and FuKu.
- Be sure you leave time to shop in Rockefeller Center at iconic stores including FAO Schwarz, Nintendo, Kate Spade, NBC Store, LEGO, Mulberry, Cole Haan, and Michael Kors.
- Download the Top of the Rock App before your trip. It acts as a skyline guide and as an audio tour.
For more information visit the Top of the Rock website.
Top of the Rock Observation Deck FAQS
Q. What is Top of the Rock Observatory?
A. Top of the Rock Observatory is an iconic observation deck located on the top of the Rockefeller Center in New York City.
Q. What are the opening hours of Top of the Rock Observatory?
A. Top of the Rock Observatory is open daily from 8:00 am to midnight, with the last elevator going up at 11:00 pm.
Q. Is Top of the Rock Observatory accessible for people with disabilities?
A. Yes, Top of the Rock Observatory is fully accessible for people with disabilities, with wheelchair ramps and accessible restrooms available on the premises.
Q. Can I bring a camera to Top of the Rock Observatory?
A. Yes, you can bring a camera to Top of the Rock Observatory to capture stunning views of the New York City skyline.
Q. What is the best time to visit Top of the Rock Observatory?
A. The best time to visit Top of the Rock Observatory is during sunset, as you can witness the breathtaking transformation of the city's skyline from daylight to nightfall.
Q. Can I purchase tickets for Top of the Rock Observatory on the same day of my visit?
A. Yes, you can purchase tickets for Top of the Rock Observatory on the same day of your visit, but it is recommended to buy them online in advance to avoid long lines and ensure availability.
Where you'll be
30 Rockefeller Plaza. The main entrance is on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues., null, New York, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.