San Diego Zoo
- Family-friendlyOutdoorMost popular
- Skip the general ticket line
What you'll do
Meet over 4,000 rare and endangered animals and over 650 unique species from all over the world.
Visit San Diego Zoo with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- Enjoy live talks, feedings, and demonstrations.
- Includes guided bus tour, Kangaroo Express Bus, and Skyfari Aerial Tram. Enjoy all the fun with your San Diego Zoo Admission!
- Your pass also gives you free access to many more attractions in San Diego.
Get up close to koalas as well as gorillas, elephants, crocodiles and many more, and of course, if you are looking for a San Diego Zoo discount, look no further than Go City!
As well as exploring acres of rolling greenery and habitats, you'll get the chance to take a guided bus tour of the entire zoo, hop on the Skyfari® aerial tram and walk among free-flying birds in the huge aviary. Your San Diego Zoo discount ticket also includes free talks, feedings, and animal keeper shows, so check the daily schedule before you visit.
San Diego Zoo highlights
Africa Rocks – San Diego Zoo’s new exhibit, Africa Rocks consists of six new habitats dedicated to African plant and animal life, including African penguins, baboon, lemurs, and more.
Guided Bus Tour – the best way to get a full overview of the zoo when you arrive and see lots of animals in a short amount of time.
Northern Frontier – see animals from the Northern Frontier like caribou, snow-white fox, and polar bears from a platform that provides views both above and below the surface of the water.
Elephant Odyssey – learn how the zoo cares for their massive residents and watch them roam in their large landscapes close to other California-native animals, like large birds, lions, meerkats, and more.
Lost Forest – see animals like tigers, monkeys, gorillas, and more, including the zoo’s famous resident hippos. Take a stroll through the Scripps Aviary and Owens Aviary where you’ll be surrounded by tropical birds soaring overhead and singing.
Discovery Outpost – this fenced-in exhibit lets kids and adults pet some of the animals like woolly sheep and friendly pygmy goats.
San Diego Zoo facts
- The San Diego Zoo qualifies as an official botanic garden - be sure to take note of its collection of over 700,000 exotic plants
- There are over 650 unique species from around the world to see
Experience San Diego Zoo and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: proceed directly to the turnstile for San Diego Zoo entry. An ID will be required when using a pass at San Diego Zoo. The last name of the purchaser must match the name on ID.
If you have a Los Angeles All-Inclusive pass, please note that San Diego Zoo and LEGOLAND® California must be visited on different days.
Please note: hand stamp and ticket required for re-entry. No refunds or exchanges. Excludes special ticketed events & attractions. Parking is free. Includes unlimited use of Guided Bus Tour, Kangaroo Express Bus, and Skyfari Aerial Tram, as well as all regularly scheduled shows. Reservations are not required with a pass.
Top tips when visiting San Diego Zoo
- Check out the many wonderful hotels near to San Diego Zoo.
- Feeling hungry? Grab a bit to eat at the many restaurants and cafes in the San Diego Zoo grounds.
- Check out the exciting San Diego Zoo events schedule before you arrive.
- Hand stamp and ticket are required for re-entry. No refunds or exchanges. Excludes special ticketed events & attractions.
- Includes unlimited use of Guided Bus Tour, Kangaroo Express Bus, and Skyfari Aerial Tram, as well as admission to all regularly scheduled shows.
For more information, visit the San Diego Zoo website.
Q. What animals can I see at the San Diego Zoo?
A. You can see over 3,500 animals from more than 650 species, including pandas, elephants, tigers, and gorillas.
Q. Can I bring my own food and drinks to the San Diego Zoo?
A. Yes, you are welcome to bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks, but glass containers and straws are not allowed.
Q. Is there parking available at the San Diego Zoo?
A. Yes, there are several parking lots available for visitors, with a fee of $15 per vehicle.
Q. Are strollers and wheelchairs available for rent at the San Diego Zoo?
A. Yes, both strollers and wheelchairs are available for rent, and electric scooters are also available for rent for visitors with disabilities.
Q. Are there any special events or shows at the San Diego Zoo?
A. Yes, the San Diego Zoo offers a variety of special events and shows throughout the year, including animal encounters, shows, and concerts.
Q. Can I bring my pet to the San Diego Zoo?
A. No, pets are not allowed at the San Diego Zoo, except for service animals.
San Diego Zoo discount tickets help
Simply ask our help team if you have any questions.
Where you'll be
2920 Zoo Drive, null, San Diego, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.