The Vasa Museum
- Only on the All-Inclusive Pass
- Cultural & historical sitesIndoorsFamily-friendly
Only on the All-Inclusive PassThis attraction is available on the All-Inclusive Pass, but not the Explorer Pass.
What you'll do
See the world's best-preserved 17th-century warship at the Vasa Museum.
Step back in time at the Vasa Museum with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- Explore the most popular museum in Scandinavia.
- Enjoy informative exhibits about the ship's past, sinking, and recovery operation.
Visit the Vasa Museum and experience one of the biggest cultural attractions in Stockholm, Sweden - the warship Vasa - which sank in 1628 on its maiden voyage from Stockholm. Learn about the history of the ship through fascinating exhibitions and see the restored wreck that was salvaged from beneath the water.
Along with incredibly detailed exhibitions, you can join a guided tour and learn about the sinking of this magnificent ship, the years it took to salvage it, and then the long restoration process to turn Vasa into what we see today.
While you're here, stop off at the museum's cool café and enjoy Fika (the Swedish concept of unwinding with a coffee and cake) afterwards.
Life on Board: take a look at historic artefacts retrieved from Vasa, which will help to paint a picture of daily life aboard the warship.
The Salvaging: Vasa was rediscovered in 1956, and this exhibition documents the process of resurfacing this colossal vessel.
Preserve Vasa: explore the science behind the ship's preservation and the world-leading research into counteracting decomposition.
Did you know
- The battleship Vasa sank in 1628 after just sailing just over 1300m.
- She lay below the surface for 333 years until being discovered by Anders Franzén and salvaged in 1961.
- Some blame King Gustav II Adolf for the disaster, who ordered a large ship with too many heavy-caliber cannons for the ship’s dimensions. Others blame Master shipwright Henrik Hybertsson who was inexperienced at building ships with two gundecks.
You can easily reach the Vasa Museum via Stockholm public transport.
Experience The Vasa Museum and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: show your pass at the entrance, and you're in!
For more information visit the Vasa Museum website.
Where you'll be
Galärvarvsvägen 14,, null, Stockholm, SE
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.