Giant Ferris Wheel
- Shows & entertainmentFamily-friendlyOutdoors
What you'll do
One of the city’s most iconic sights, the Wiener Riesenrad offers unparalleled views over Vienna and has held its place in the skyline since the turn of the century
Visit the Giant Ferris Wheel of Prater Park with Go City®
- Pay nothing upon entry, simply show your digital pass
- Take a ride on the famous Ferris wheel
- Your pass gives you access to dozens more of the city's top attractions, so make sure to check them out!
Marking the entrance to the Wurstelprater amusement park, the Giant Ferris Wheel is one of the beloved Viennese sights.
At 65 meters tall, it held the record for the tallest Ferris wheel in the world for 75 years from 1910 - 1985. On your journey around the loop, you’ll see the rooftops of beautiful Vienna, the spire of the gothic Stephansdom Cathedral, and the blue Danube snaking along the city’s eastern fringes.
What’s more, in the entrance area of the Giant Ferris Wheel, eight cabins offer insights into 2,000 years of Viennese history. Not only will get to enjoy looking out over the whole city, but it will be a learning experience as well.
A trip to Vienna without experiencing the Giant Ferris Wheel of Prater Park is a trip wasted! Just one circular journey on its historic mechanics will make you realize why this is a cultural and architectural must-see for every visitor to Austria’s capital.
Did you know?
- Constructed in 1897, it was the world's tallest Ferris wheel from 1910 until 1985.
- Designed by British engineers Harry Hitchins and Hubert Cecil Booth, the wheel was constructed to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Franz Joseph I.
- Something of a Hollywood star itself, the Ferris wheel appeared in films such as The Living Daylights, Scorpio, Woman in Gold, and of course The Third Man where the wheel made its most famous appearance.
Experience Giant Ferris Wheel and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: present your pass at the entrance.
For more information visit the Wiener Riesenrad website.
Where you'll be
Riesenradplatz 1, null, Vienna, AT
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.