Boston Children's Museum
- IndoorsFamily-friendlyCultural & historical sites
- Book your slot!
Booking requiredThis attraction requires advanced booking.
What you'll do
Bring your kids to Boston Children’s Museum with a Go Boston pass.
Visit Boston Children’s Museum with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- General admission to Boston Children's Museum.
- Enjoy permanent exhibits covering science, getting active and creativity.
- Seasonal events and daily presentations.
- Don't forget to check out the other attractions included with your pass.
A Fun-filled Day at Boston Children's Museum
As one of the city's top attractions, the Boston Children's Museum offers a delightful world of discovery for kids & their families. From interactive exhibits to educational events, it's the go-to destination for an interactive experience.
Getting Your Boston Children's Museum Tickets
Get your Children's Museum tickets ahead of time with Go City® Boston- to save on these tickets plus many other Boston attractions at one low price! The Boston Childrens Museum offers an easy online booking platform, ensuring your kids' adventure in this unique museum starts without a hitch. Check out more things to do in Boston with children on our blog.
Not only is the Children’s Museum educational, it’s a lot of fun for the little ones and their guardians. Kids will get the chance to climb a wall, navigate through a giant maze, and create original artwork at this fun, hands-on Boston museum. It's been building innovative and meaningful exhibits for over 100 years, with a continued emphasis on 'engagement and learning through experience’ that has inspired other museums around the world.
Designed for children and families, the Children’s Museum exhibits focus on science, culture, environmental awareness, health and fitness, and the arts. The Boston museum promotes a love of learning and exploration that's crucial for child development. Special events and presentations take place daily, so check the schedule when you arrive. It's also recognized internationally as a research and development center and pacesetter for children's exhibitions, educational programs, and curriculum.
Boston Children's Museum highlights
- Art Studio – A dynamic, hands-on activity space. This room is designed to encourage children to observe, explore and express ideas using a variety of creative tools.
- The Common – For games, gatherings and getting active, the Common is the place to play. It's all about brain-building fun here, with activities to help children develop gross motor skills.
- Japanese House – Families can explore every corner of this fully-equipped Japanese house, reconstructed in Boston by Japanese carpenters. Japanese family life, customs, ceremonies, art, architecture, and seasonal events are all highlighted in the fully functional 100-year-old house.
- Kid Power – Active bodies are powerful bodies. Use pedal power to activate the Kid Power sign, light up the interactive dance floor, climb the walls, or hop on the power pump seats.
- New Balance Foundation Climb – This incredible three-story climbing sculpture is made of flowing curved platforms, rising up through the glass lobby of Boston Children’s Museum and inviting children to scamper and scale this vertical maze. Children are both challenged and delighted as they attempt safe risk-taking and find their way through the 3D, full-body puzzle.
Children's Museum in Boston FAQs
Q. Can adults visit the Boston Children's Museum without children?
A. Yes, adults are welcome to visit the Boston Children's Museum without children, although the museum primarily caters to families & children.
Q. Is the Boston Children's Museum accessible for individuals with disabilities?
A. Yes, the Boston Children's Museum is committed to providing accessibility for individuals with disabilities and offers accommodations & resources to ensure an inclusive environment.
Q. Are strollers allowed inside the Boston Children's Museum?
A. Strollers are permitted inside the Boston Children's Museum, and there are designated stroller parking areas available throughout the museum.
Q. Can I bring outside food and drinks to the Boston Children's Museum?
A. Outside food and drinks are not allowed inside the Boston Children's Museum, but there is a café available where visitors can purchase food and beverages.
Q. Are there parking facilities available at the Boston Children's Museum?
A. Yes, the Boston Children's Museum has its own parking garage located adjacent to the museum, providing convenient parking options for visitors.
Q. Does the Boston Children's Museum have a gift shop?
A. Yes, the Boston Children's Museum has a gift shop where visitors can find a variety of educational toys, books, and souvenirs related to the museum's exhibits and themes.
Go City is a better way to sightsee. Your pass includes Boston Children's Museum tickets, plus admission to dozens of top Boston attractions for one money-saving price.
Experience Boston Children's Museum and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
This attraction requires advanced booking.
Getting in: proceed to the admissions desk and present both your online reservation confirmation and your pass for admission.
Please note: children ages 12 months and older will need a pass for admission to this museum. Children without a pass will be charged the full $22 retail admission.
Where you'll be
308 Congress Street,, null, Boston, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.