Salem Witch Museum
- Cultural & historical sitesIndoorsOutside the cityFamily-friendly
- Book your slot!
- Exclusive to Go City
Booking requiredThis attraction requires advanced booking.
What you'll do
Learn about the Salem witch trials with a Salem Witch Museum ticket.
Visit the Salem Witch Museum with Go City®
- Access a self-guided tour of 13 life-size sets that depict the Salem Witch Trials.
- Offering two historic presentations, the museum first displays an overview of the 1692 witchcraft trials and second a staff-guided exhibit on the evolving perceptions of witches through history.
- Don't forget to check out the other attractions included with your pass.
Please note: booking is required to visit the Salem Witch Museum. Reservations must be made online on the same day as your visit - we recommend booking in the morning to secure your preferred time slot.
Throw out your history textbooks and your Hocus Pocus DVD – this place is where you'll learn all about Salem's infamous witchcraft trials. The Salem Witch Trials took place in 1692, and over 150 people were accused of witchcraft and 20 executed. You'll travel back in time to the 17th-century Salem Village and experience this dramatic period in history, which is brought to life through imaginative stage sets.
Get Lost in the Salem Witch Museum
Feeling a little bit curious? You've found the right mystery in the Salem Witch Museum. The museum is like a spooky time machine, pulling you right into the heart of the 17th century. It's packed with intriguing tales of the infamous Salem witch trials. Here, history comes alive in a thrilling yet educational way.
A Deep Dive into the Salem Witch Trials Museum
Ever wondered what all the fuss was about? Well, the Salem Witch Trials Museum doesn't disappoint with its dark history! Showcasing dramatic life-size exhibits, haunting light and sound shows, you'll feel like you're actually present in the middle of the trials. Plus, with knowledgeable guides ready to provide a detailed look the mysteries of the past, you'll leave with fun facts to share at your next trivia night!
Explore 13 life-size sets, documenting the story of the witch trials, and the people who were accused and imprisoned for witchcraft. You'll learn all about this journey of mass hysteria which resulted in court trials. You'll also find out what happened in the aftermath and discover how the image of witchcraft has evolved over time. Don't miss a trip to the museum store on your way out, you'll find items and Salem gifts made exclusively for the museum and an extensive selection of books on the trials and the modern-day practice.
Salem Witch facts
- Contrary to popular belief, nobody was burned at the stake.
- The phrase 'witch hunt,' which means a false or unjustified accusation, came about because of the trials.
- One of the popular theories to explain some of the strange goings-on is that residents could have been affected by ergot poisoning, a rye fungus that had the same effect as hallucinogenic drugs. This theory was debunked shortly after it was first proposed in the late 1960s.
Go City is a better way to sightsee. Your pass includes Salem Witch Museum tickets, plus admission to dozens of top Boston attractions for one money-saving price.
Experience Salem Witch Museum and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
This attraction requires advanced booking.
Getting In: you must provide your pass on-site to gain entry.
Please Note: presentations run on the half-hour and are available by advance reservation only.
For more information, visit the Salem Witch Museum website.
Salem Witch Museum tickets help
Simply ask our help team if you have any questions.
Where you'll be
19 1/2 Washington Square North Salem,, null, Salem, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.