Harvard Museum of Natural History
- IndoorsCultural & historical sitesFamily-friendlyMost popular
What you'll do
From dinosaurs and tiny insects to meteorites and minerals – discover a huge range of natural specimens at the Harvard Natural History Museum.
Visit the Harvard Museum of Natural History with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- General admission to both the Harvard Museum of Natural History and the Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology during regular hours.
- See a veritable treasure trove of ancient artifacts.
- A great opportunity to learn and explore, for kids and bigger kids.
Whether you fancy yourself as a budding space explorer or an archeologist, you'll find something mindblowing at the Harvard Natural History Museum.
See over 12,000 unique plant and animal specimens from around the world, including a fossil of a giant sloth, the world's only mounted Kronosaurus, and a whopping 1,600-pound amethyst geode. The museum is not only located on the campus of one of the most prestigious universities in the world, but it also uses cutting-edge research to help you understand the world a bit better.
Harvard Natural History Museum highlights
- New England Forests – explore the world of the woodland beaver, bear, moose, and dozens of other wildlife.
- Marine Life in the Putnam Family Gallery – immerse yourself in this new marine diorama of life in local waters. See hundreds of fish and mollusks from around the world.
- Africa Gallery – see impressive mounted specimens of African wildlife, including elephants, hippos, lions, ostrich, gorillas, hyena, as well as a collection of rare animals from Madagascar.
- Great Mammal Hall – constructed in 1872, this hall features towering giraffes, antelope, bats, and skeletons of many of the world’s primates and mammals, arranged in biologically-fascinating poses.
- The Glass Flowers – see the world-renowned collection of Blaschka Glass Models of Plants, by glass artisan Leopold Blaschka and his son Rudolf.
After the museum, take a tour of the Harvard Campus with the 'Hahvahd Tour', a 70 minute guided tour with a real Harvard student! Funny and entertaining are just a few praises given to this tour. Don't miss out, book your tickets with Go City®!
Boston Natural History Museum FAQs
Q. Can visitors touch the captivating exhibits at the Harvard Museum of Natural History?
A. While the museum encourages interaction and engagement with its exhibits, touching them is not allowed to ensure their preservation and protection for future visitors.
Q. Do guided tours exist at the Harvard Museum of Natural History?
A. Yes, the museum offers guided tours led by knowledgeable experts who take visitors through the fascinating collections, providing noteworthy insights into the exhibits.
Q. Is photography allowed inside the Harvard Museum of Natural History?
A. Photography is permitted for personal use in most areas of the museum, but visitors are kindly asked to refrain from using flash or tripods to avoid disturbing others or damaging the exhibits.
Q. Can visitors bring food or drinks into the Harvard Museum of Natural History?
A. To preserve the museum's collections and ensure a pleasant experience for all, food and drinks are not permitted inside the exhibition areas. However, designated areas are available for enjoying refreshments.
Q. Is the Harvard Museum of Natural History accessible for individuals with disabilities?
A. Yes, the museum offers wheelchair access, elevators, and accessible restrooms. It aims to provide an inclusive environment for all visitors.
Q. Are strollers allowed inside the Harvard Museum of Natural History?
A. Yes, families with young children are welcome, and strollers are allowed throughout the museum to ensure a comfortable visit for parents and children
Go City is a better way to sightsee. Your pass includes Harvard Museum of Natural History tickets, plus admission to dozens of top Boston attractions for one money-saving price.
Experience Harvard Museum of Natural History and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: on the day of your visit, present your pass for entry.
Please note: entrance includes same-day general admission to both the Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology and the Harvard Museum of Natural History.
For more information, visit the Harvard Museum of Natural History's website.
Where you'll be
26 Oxford Street,, null, Cambridge, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.