Philly foodies are delighted when Restaurant Week rolls around. Sponsored officially by the Center City District and known formally as CCD Restaurant Week, this annual event features hot deals at more than 125 of Center City’s best restaurants. The cost of these prix-fixe meals is $20 for a three-course lunch and $35 for a three-course dinner. Held from September 15-27, 2019, the fall edition of CCD Restaurant Week is coming up soon. Diners will enjoy the opportunity to sample the best Philadelphia cuisine, from delectable pasta to scrumptious sushi and beyond. For those planning on being in Philadelphia during this event, we’ve created this handy guide to Philadelphia Restaurant Week.
When is Philadelphia Restaurant Week 2019?
The CCD Restaurant Week occurs twice annually, usually once in the winter and once in the late summer/early fall. The fall edition for 2019 runs from September 15 to 27 in the Center City District of Philadelphia.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Devour Desserts (@devourdessertsnj) on Mar 28, 2019 at 7:27am PDT
Which Restaurants are Included in Philadelphia Restaurant Week?
There are well over 100 participating restaurants, so we couldn't possibly name them all. Fortunately, the official CCD Restaurant Week website is an invaluable resource for foodies looking to enjoy this annual tradition. It’s the only site to track all the participating restaurants and it allows you to filter by cuisine or keyword. All restaurants are located in the Center City District. A selection of the best restaurants to whet your appetite: Barbuzzo (a locally-focused Mediterranean joint), Buddakan (some of the most famous upscale Asian cuisine in the country), El Vez (fresh and fun Mexican fare), Little Nonna’s (decadent, traditional Italian dishes), Oyster House (an East Coast-style seafood joint prominently featuring their namesake), and FARMiCiA (focused on farm-to-table plates).
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Balboa Catering & Supper Club (@balboa_philly) on Mar 31, 2016 at 6:16pm PDT
How do the Special Deals Work?
Restaurants that participate in CCD Restaurant Week promotions agree to offer a selection of their menu items for a price determined by the organization. This year, the deals are set at $20 per three-course lunch and $35 per three-course dinner (per person). In order to get the deal, you must choose dishes from their special Restaurant Week menu. Some restaurants may choose to also offer their full menu alongside this special menu for the duration of the event, while others may only offer the promotional menu. Just remember that ordering off the regular menu will incur additional costs. Please also note that the indicated prices do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuity.
Tips for Visiting Philadelphia Restaurant Week
- Reservations are strongly recommended, as this is one of the most popular times of year for locals to dine out. Plan as much in advance as possible.
- Reservations are also most frequently made for the start of CCD Restaurant Week. If you can’t get into your top spot, wait a bit for the crowds to die down to check out the most popular joints.
- Likewise, dinner is a more premium time for Restaurant Week reservations. Try a lunch instead, although do keep in mind that not all restaurants participate for lunch and dinner.
- Because Restaurant Week is incredibly popular, please be courteous and cancel your reservation if you won’t be able to make your meal. The guest who gets your spot will thank you.
- Try to get out of your comfort zone a bit. Philadelphia Restaurant Week is all about sampling new cuisine and checking out new restaurants that you wouldn’t normally visit (or be able to afford).
- Some restaurants don’t offer these meal deals on Saturdays and/or Sundays. This will be clearly marked on their menus, but you can always ask on the phone if you’d like to know in advance.
- As mentioned above, Restaurant Week deals do not include tips, tax, or the cost of alcohol. Keep that in mind when budgeting.
- If you’ll be driving to get to your dining destination, be sure to park at one of the facilities partnering with CCD Restaurant Week to offer reduced parking prices. Reduced-rate parking facilities are listed on the RW parking website.
Save on Other Things to Do During Philadelphia Restaurant Week
While you can certainly devote each and every meal to CCD Restaurant week, you can’t actually spend all your time eating. Check out what else the city has to offer by visiting places in Center City like One Liberty Observation Deck, the Betsy Ross House, the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, and more. Save on the things you’ll do when you’re not eating with a Go Philadelphia pass. Pay up to 45% less than you would by buying tickets individually and explore this amazing Philadelphia neighborhood.
Share Your Adventure with Us
Tag @GoCity in your vacation photos and we'll feature you on our page. Follow the Go City Instagram and Facebook pages for competitions, special offers, and events and inspiration for your chosen destination, too!