Franklin Institute Science Museum
- Cultural & historical sitesFamily-friendlyIndoors
What you'll do
Discover why the Franklin Institute Science Museum is one of the most beloved museums in the country.
Visit the Franklin Institute Science Museum with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- Your pass includes a self-guided tour of the Franklin Institute.
- Your pass is good for General Admission only and does not include special exhibitions.
- Enjoy scientific shows and demonstrations.
Named after America's first scientist, Benjamin Franklin, The Franklin Institute is a hub of all things science and innovation. Kids and adults alike will love the hands-on exhibits.
Take a journey through a two-story heart, climb aboard a 350-ton Baldwin steam locomotive, and become part of an electrical circuit! As well as modern technology and the human body, you'll learn all about the world around us – from tectonic plates to starry skies. You don't have to be a science buff to enjoy the award-winning exhibits – there's something for everyone here, including historic memorabilia and artifacts that once belonged to Benjamin Franklin.
You'll also have access to a daily roster of shows, screenings, and demonstrations, so check the schedule before you arrive. Download the Franklin Institute’s mobile app and you'll have access to information about the museum, daily schedules, a map, and more.
Franklin Institute Science Museum highlights
Your Brain – an award-winning exhibition that explores how and why the brain is always changing.
The Giant Heart – kids can crawl through a giant heart’s arteries and learn about 'the heart of it all.
Electricity – ‘spark’ curiosity through engaging experimentations with electricity – use your body to complete the circuit, ‘feel’ the amount of electricity it takes to power different kinds of light bulbs, and more.
Sir Isaac’s Loft – explore Newton’s Laws of Motion through interactive pulleys, pendulums, and more.
The Franklin Institute facts
- The Franklin Institute is home to the Benjamin Franklin National Memorial and it's the only privately owned National Memorial in the country (maintained by the museum).
- The museum’s planetarium is the second oldest planetarium in the US.
- The Franklin Institute is one of the most award-winning science education institutions in the US.
Go City is a better way to sightsee. Your pass includes Franklin Institute Science Museum tickets, plus admission to dozens of top Philadelphia attractions for one money-saving price.
Experience Franklin Institute Science Museum and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: show your pass at the admission desk.
Please note: Your pass is good for General Admission only and does not include special exhibitions. For information on how to upgrade your ticket to include the special exhibition, please call The Franklin Institute at 215-448-1200.
The latest attraction updates and visitor safety measures can be found on the Franklin Institute Science Museum's website.
Tips for visiting The Franklin Institute
- Check the daily schedule and plan around any events or demonstrations you want to see throughout the day.
- To learn more about our commitment to safety and plan your visit, click here.
For more information visit the Franklin Institute website.
The Franklin Institute tickets help
Simply ask our help team if you have any questions.
Where you'll be
222 North 20th Street, null, Philadelphia, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.