Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Cultural & historical sitesIndoors
What you'll do
A trip to Philadelphia wouldn't be complete without stopping at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art with Go City®
- Pay nothing at the gate – simply scan your digital pass.
- The pass includes general admission to the Philadelphia Museum of Art's permanent and temporary exhibits.
This 2-in-1 institution, both a famous film location and top-rated art museum, boasts an impressive collection of Renaissance, Impressionist, and Modern art. It also happens to be where pivotal scenes from Rocky were filmed.
Run up the 72 'Rocky steps' outside the museum and take a selfie with the statue of the fictional hero who proudly guards the museum. Once you've had your pop culture fix, head inside to browse over 240,000 pieces. The impressive exhibits cover American, Asian and European Art as well as contemporary art, photography, and textiles.
Key pieces include Sunflowers by Van Gogh, The Large Bathers by Paul Cezanne, and works from the Poplars series by Claude Monet.
Philadelphia Museum of Art highlights
American Art – explore three centuries of paintings, furniture, and decorative arts, with special emphasis on Philadelphia and rural Pennsylvania.
Asian Art – visit rare architectural settings and discover intriguing works of art from all over Asia, including some of the oldest objects in the collection.
Art of the Middle Ages – step back into the world of medieval Europe and view sculptures, paintings, and stained glassworks.
Monet to Van Gogh – see some of the greatest Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art in the world, featuring masterworks by artists such as Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro, Vincent Van Gogh, and Paul Cézanne.
Picasso and Beyond – discover exciting, innovative, and sometimes controversial works of art created in the 20th and 21st centuries, from masters such as Picasso, Duchamp, Twombly, and LeWitt.
Philadelphia Museum of Art Gallery highlights
- Pablo Picasso’s Three Musicians, 1921
- Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflowers, 1889
- Claude Monet’s Poplars: Three Trees in Autumn and Poplars: End of Autumn, 1891
- Pierre-August Renoir’s The Great Bathers, 1884-1887
- Claude Monet’s Japanese Footbridge and the Water Lily Pool, Giverny, 1899
- Paul Cézanne’s The Large Bathers, 1898-1905
- Marcel Duchamp’s La (Sonata), 1911
Go City is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility when sightseeing in Philadelphia. Your pass includes Philadelphia Museum of Art tickets, plus admission to dozens of top Philadelphia attractions.
Experience Philadelphia Museum of Art and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting In: show your pass at the museum's admission desk.
Please enter the museum through either the North or West Entrances off Anne d'Harnoncourt Drive. The East Entrance will be closed for continued renovations.
On Friday evenings and the first Sunday of every month, the event "Pay What You Wish" is occurring. Please keep in mind that the museum is very busy during these times.
Tips for visiting the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- The artwork is periodically moved off view and galleries close for periods of time for various reasons, ask at the front desk about any specific artwork or galleries.
- Connect to the museum’s free WiFi when you get there.
- Backpacks and large bags must be checked when you arrive, visitors may not carry them around the exhibits.
- No flash photography is allowed (photos with no flash are permitted).
- If you wish to sketch, you must use a pencil only and sketchbooks may not exceed 18 x 24 inches in size.
- Relax and unwind at our eateries, all operated by Constellation Culinary Group.
- Parking garage located on premise, additional street and lot parking also available.
For more information visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art website.
Philadelphia Museum of Art tickets help
Simply ask our help team if you have any questions.
Where you'll be
2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway,, null, Philadelphia, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.