- Shows & entertainmentFamily-friendlyOutdoors
What you'll do
Who doesn't love a day at the zoo?
Visit the Philadelphia Zoo with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- Enjoy general admission to the Philadelphia Zoo.
- See animals roam with Philadelphia Zoo’s Zoo360 trails.
- Visit talks, feedings, and have animal interactions.
Get up close and personal with lions, gorillas, tortoises, snakes and more at this state-of-the-art US zoo. It's spread across 42 acres and there are over 1,300 rare, exotic, and endangered species to see.
Philadelphia’s Zoo360 gives animals more room to roam and you the opportunity to watch animals wander around the zoo via treetop walkways and tunnels. You'll see tigers prowling above your head in suspended mesh enclosures, and apes ambling over treetop bridges. There are even scheduled thunderstorms within the alligator and crocodile exhibit to replicate conditions in the Everglades.
Little ones will love the Children's Zoo which features a petting yard and an activity-oriented discovery center. You'll also have access to all the feedings, talks, and live animal shows, so grab a schedule on your way in to see what's going on for the day.
As you explore, you'll learn all about the zoo's conservation efforts and specialist breeding programs that help species threatened by extinction in the wild.
Philadelphia Zoo animals and highlights
African Plains – home to a variety of African animals.
Bear Country – see large bears from around the world lounging in their lush landscape.
Carnivore Kingdom – 1.5 acres of rocky terrain, home to Canada lynx, dwarf mongooses, red pandas, and more.
KidZooU – a children’s zoo and education center.
McNeil Avian Center – a walk-through habitat full of exotic and endangered bird species from around the world.
Outback Outpost – learn all about animals native to Australia, including the red kangaroo.
PECO Primate Reserve – see lemurs, monkeys, and orangutans, and hear stories about real conservationists saving primates around the world.
Rare Animal Conservation Center – see unique, endangered animals like eusocial rodents, bats with 3-foot wide wingspans, vibrant orange monkeys, and more. Learn about issues that affect their survival, ongoing conservation efforts, and what you can do to help.
Reptile and Amphibian House – learn all about reptiles and amphibians – see giant tortoises, crocodilians, cobras, snakes, and frogs.
Small Mammal House – visit the small creatures that prefer to be active at night in this exhibit that simulates nighttime during the day, so you can see nocturnal animals, like the pygmy loris, dwarf mongoose, vampire bats, and more while they’re most active.
Philadelphia Zoo facts
- The Philadelphia Zoo was the first zoo ever established in the United States.
- On opening day – on July 1, 1874 – there were 3,000 visitors
- The 'Zoo360' was designed to create more room in Philadelphia Zoo’s 33 acres.
Go City is a better way to sightsee. Your pass includes Philadelphia Zoo tickets, plus admission to dozens of top Philadelphia attractions for one money-saving price.
Experience Philadelphia Zoo and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: show your pass at the admission desk.
Tips for visiting Philadelphia Zoo
- Check the zoo’s daily schedule before you go or when you arrive to plan your time there around keeper talks, demonstrations, feedings, shows, and more.
- Use the zoo’s online trip planner and download a zoo map to create an itinerary for your day at the Philadelphia Zoo.
- Don’t feel like driving and parking? Consider taking public transportation to the zoo, SEPTA routes 15 and 32 have bus stops that drop you very close to the zoo.
For more information visit the Philadelphia Zoo website.
Philadelphia Zoo tickets help
Simply ask our help team if you have any questions.
Where you'll be
34th Street at Girard Avenue Philadelphia,, null, Philadelphia, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.