Hours of Operation
<p>Tuesday-Sunday, 10:00 am-5:00 pm</p>
Closings & Holidays
<li>Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day</li>
<li>New Year's Day</li>
<p>All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.</p>
Peabody Essex Museum
In the 18th-century, sea captains would bring back all kinds of weird and wonderful objects from their journeys. The
In the 18th-century, sea captains would bring back all kinds of weird and wonderful objects from their journeys. The Peabody Essex Museum is where you can see these 'natural and artificial curiosities from exotic lands'.
Visit the Peabody Essex Museum with a Go Boston pass
- Pay nothing at the gate – simply scan your digital pass
- Peabody Essex Museum admission included
- See exhibitions featuring art and artifacts from across the globe at America's oldest continuously operating museum, found in 1799
- Maritime manuscripts and shipboard logs to explore
- The biggest collection of maritime art and artifacts
- Visit plenty of other Boston attractions with a Go Boston pass
There are one million works to discover, including an 18th-century Chinese merchant's house transported from China and reassembled in the US, art from diverse cultures, and Indian sculptures. You'll also see maritime documents and a photography collection dating back to when photography was first invented.
In the museum's fine collection, you'll find American art and architecture, Asian export art, Native American, Oceanic, and African art, as well as one of the nation’s most important museum-based collections of rare books and manuscripts.