The National Maritime Museum Amsterdam
What you'll do
Explore 500 years of captivating history through fun, interactive exhibits.
Visit The National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam with Go City
- Browse interactive exhibits from the Dutch Golden Age
- Free audio tour available in 11 different languages
- Your pass gives you access to many more attractions in Amsterdam, so don't forget to check them out
With a large number of fun, educational and interactive exhibits plus an impressive array of historical artifacts from the Dutch Golden Age, The National Maritime Museum is a great place to visit and relive 500 years of captivating history.
Not only will you be encouraged to board the renowned replica of the 18th-century cargo ship Amsterdam, but you'll be exploring the former arsenal of the Admiralty of Amsterdam - the impressive 1656 building in which the museum is now homed is an attraction in its own right. Visit and feel our history come alive.
There is also a free audio tour available in 11 different languages that gives you the highlights of The National Maritime Museum - ideal if you want to delve a little deeper.
Please note: Entrance includes VOC-ship and VR Experience
Amsterdam Maritime Museum's Seafaring TalesIn the heart of Amsterdam, the Maritime Museum takes you on a journey through the city's sea-loving history. Visitors can see old maps, paintings, and treasures that detail amazing sea adventures. The museum lets people feel the magic of old ships and the sea without getting their feet wet.
Inside the Naval Museum AmsterdamAt the Naval Museum Amsterdam, stories of brave sailors and big ships come to life. You can examine miniature ship models, classic sailor clothes, and maps that show far-off places. This place is a special spot where Amsterdam's love for the sea shines bright for everyone to see.
Did you know
- The Inner Courtyard is covered with a stunning glass canopy that has been decorated with twinkling LED lights, the design was inspired by sea navigation charts, it's definitely a must-see.
- Within the museum there are three different wings, the west, north and east wings. Each wing holds various exhibitions for you to explore - you'll be provided with the option for a free 60-minute audio tour that will give you more in-depth information on the highlights of the collections
- The Lands Zeemagazijn building was designed by Daniel Stalpaert as the warehouse of the Admiralty of Amsterdam, it was built in the Golden Age when Amsterdam was the largest port in the world. The character and grandeur of the building makes it the ideal destination for the Het Scheepvaartmuseum today.
- East Indiaman Amsterdam
- Lands Zeemagazijn building
- Activities specifically for children
- The Het Scheepvaartmuseum library
Experience The National Maritime Museum Amsterdam and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: present your pass at the entrance.
Where you'll be
Kattenburgerplein 1,, null, Amsterdam, NL
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.