- Most popularIndoorsCultural & historical sitesFamily-friendly
- Book your slot!
Booking requiredThis attraction requires advanced booking.
What you'll do
One of the world's most famous art museums, the Rijksmuseum houses European masterpieces across an impressive five floors.
Explore the Rijksmuseum with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- Get up close to some of the world's most famous artworks.
- Marvel at the architecture of this striking 19th-century neo-Renaissance building.
- Free Rijksmuseum app featuring multimedia tours through the museum.
The Rijksmuseum is a Dutch national museum dedicated to arts and history in Amsterdam and the collections illustrate the history of Holland from the middle ages to the present day. Travel through time with over 8,000 objects and paintings for you to uncover.
Take a look at this welcome video on the Rijksmuseum website.
Explore Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum
If you're interested in a world filled with history and art, Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum is the place to be. With your ticket in hand, you're one step closer to centuries-old masterpieces and cultural treasures. It's not just a museum, it's a living timeline of creativity and innovation.
Get Your Rijksmuseum Tickets Today
Don't wait another moment! Get your Rijksmuseum tickets and start your artistic adventure. Whether a fan of Rembrandt or a curious first-time visitor, there's something for everyone at this renowned museum. It's time to discover what makes the Rijksmuseum Museum a must-visit in Amsterdam.
Buy discounted tickets to the Rijksmuseum with the Go City® Amsterdam Pass!
Discover famous masterpieces from the Dutch Golden Age, including Frans Hals, Jan Steen plus the world famous crowd pleasers 'Night Watch' by Rembrandt and Johannes Vermeer’s 'The Milkmaid'. Whether you're an avid art enthusiast or simply want to visit Amsterdam's most talked about tourist attraction, it's the perfect day out for the whole family.
If you'd like to find out more information for yourself why not download the free Rijksmuseum app and enjoy a multimedia tour through the museum. You can even create your own route and pick the famous works you want to see the most.
Highlights of Rijksmuseum In Amsterdam
- Rembrandt's best-known masterpiece the 'Night Watch' and Johannes Vermeer’s 'The Milkmaid'.
- The Dolls House (including the one that inspired Jessie Burton’s 2014 novel, The Miniaturist).
- The Passage.
- The Gardens.
- Cuypers Library.
- The Rijksmuseum building itself - it has been built in the then fashionable Dutch neo-Renaissance style, using historical neo-Gothic elements as the embellishments.
VERMEER - from February 10 to June 4 2023 you'll have the opportunity to experience the largest Vermeer exhibition ever, showcasing many of his most famous paintings including The Girl with the Pearl Earring.
View all current exhibitions on the attraction website.
Did you know
- The Rijksmuseum opened its doors for the first time in 1800, like the National Art Gallery.
- In English, Rijksmuseum means 'The State Museum'.
- The Rijksmuseum is the largest museum in the Netherlands.
Experience Rijksmuseum and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
This attraction requires advanced booking.
Please note: entry to the museum is free for those aged 18 and under.
For more information visit the Rijksmuseum website.
Where you'll be
RijksmuseumMuseumstraat, null, Amsterdam, NL
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.