- Only on the All-Inclusive Pass
- Most popularIndoorsFamily-friendly
Only on the All-Inclusive PassThis attraction is available on the All-Inclusive Pass, but not the Explorer Pass.
What you'll do
Shedd Aquarium is included exclusively on 1, 2, 3 and 5-day All-Inclusive passes! It is not included on Explorer Pass.
Shedd Aquarium is one of the top places to visit in Chicago – a must-see attraction located on the shores of Lake Michigan and filled with thousands of fascinating marine animals from a range of diverse habitats.
Visit Shedd Aquarium with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- Access all habitats, animal presentations, and exhibits. 4-D Experience can be visited for an extra fee.
- Learn about Shedd's important conservation work.
- Your pass also gives you free access to many more top Chicago attractions.
Go on a wild underwater adventure at Shedd Aquarium. This attraction is ideal for all the family and perfect for fans of sharks, stingrays, and everything in between.
You’ll see incredible creatures from freshwater, marine, terrestrial, and even aerial environments at the Shedd’s award-winning exhibits. Get nose-to-nose with sharks in the wild reef, dolphins and beluga whales in the oceanarium, and much more.
The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago also does its bit for conservation and research, focusing primarily on animals and habitats in the Great Lakes and the Caribbean. Learn more about the important work they do at their range of talks and animal presentations. There’s also the chance to your hands wet at the Stingray Touch exhibition which runs between May and September.
Shedd Aquarium highlights
Abbot Oceanarium – immerse yourself in the magnificent, vibrant ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest. Meet dolphins, beluga whales, sea otters and much more.
Plankton Revealed – check out the microscopic but mighty in this insightful exhibition. Floating at the bottom of the food chain, plankton may be small but you'll learn about how this nutrient-rich food source plays a big part in ocean life. This is Shedd Aquarium's first bilingual exhibit, with signage translated into Spanish.
Wild Reef – find yourself among the sharks as you explore a unique underwater world filled with color and movement. Learn about how Shedd works to restore precious coral reefs around the world and listen to the amazing tales of how a Philippine fishing village saved their reef.
Islands and Lakes – explore these unique ecosystems, filled with beauty that can be found nowhere else. Look out for alligators, turtles and cichlids.
Oceans – octopuses, horn sharks and moray eels are just a few of the fascinating creatures you'll spot beneath the ocean's surface. Take a stroll through the immersive Kelp Forest to see what mysterious animals you can find hiding among the macroalgae.
At Home on the Great Lakes – discover the underwater world found right on Chicago's doorstep. The Great Lakes are home to more than 3,500 plant and animal species and this exhibit gives you the chance to meet our animal neighbors and understand how we can help protect the Great Lakes both for wildlife and for people.
Polar Play Zone – kids can hop into a penguin suit and try out life like a bird in the Icy South or dip their hands into the sea star touch pool for a hands-on experience.
Shedd Aquarium facts
- Sea lion’s flippers aren’t just for swimming. On land, these incredible creatures use their flippers to run – faster than the average human.
- Sea otters are secret hoarders, they store their favorite things in their ‘pockets’ – an area of loose skin located in their armpits.
- Jellyfish aren’t fish at all as they have no bones, brains, blood.
- The massive bullfrog is the largest of its species in North America and their call can be heard for more than half a mile.
Experience Shedd Aquarium and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Just show your pass at the temporary ticketing booth – the aquarium is currently undergoing a renovation so you'll need to head along the half-circle driveway and go up the ramp behind the temporary ticket booth to enter the museum.
- Shedd Aquarium is included exclusively on 1, 2, 3, and 5-day All-Inclusive passes! It is not included in the Explorer pass.
- For an additional fee, you can also purchase tickets at the will-call ticket desk (pending availability) for a 4-D Experience. Shedd Aquarium is located on the Hop-On-Hop-Off-Bus Tour route at stop number 7: Shedd Aquarium, 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive.
Tips for visiting Shedd Aquarium
- For an additional fee, you can also purchase tickets at the will-call ticket desk (pending availability) for a 4-D Experience.
- Shedd Aquarium parking is available to book in advance through the SpotHero app and you can receive 50% off versus drive-up. Alternatively, Shedd offers valet service most weekends.
- There are many hotels near Shedd Aquarium, check out the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, which are official partners of the aquarium.
Shedd Aquarium FAQS
Q. What is the Shedd Aquarium?
A. The Shedd Aquarium is a non-profit aquarium located in Chicago, Illinois that houses over 32,000 aquatic animals.
Q. Can I bring food into the aquarium?
A. No, outside food and beverages are not allowed inside the aquarium, but there are dining options available onsite.
Q. Is the aquarium accessible for individuals with disabilities?
A. Yes, the Shedd Aquarium is fully accessible and offers various accommodations for visitors with disabilities.
Q. Can I take photos and videos inside the aquarium?
A. Yes, personal photography and videography are allowed inside the aquarium, but commercial photography requires prior approval and an additional fee.
For more information, visit the Shedd Aquarium website
Where you'll be
On Chicago's Museum Campus 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive,, Chicago, US
We recommend visiting the Shedd Aquarium website for the most up-to-date information on hours of operation.
9AM - 5PM
Weekends and holidays
9AM - 6PM
Closings & holidays
Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Hours are subject to change without notice.
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.