- Most popularIndoorsFamily-friendlyOpen late
- Book your slot!
Booking requiredThis attraction requires advanced booking.
What you'll do
With breathtaking 360 degrees views of the city skyline and Lake Michigan, the Skydeck Chicago observation deck is a must-see while visiting Chicago.
Visit Skydeck Chicago with Go City®
- Access the observation deck and The Ledge for a 360-view of the city.
- Enjoy the all-new multi-media exhibits on Chicago’s history and culture throughout the lower level.
Please note: reservations are advised for this attraction and you can cancel or amend your booking up to one hour prior to your scheduled visit. Click here to make your reservation. You'll need your order number and the email address you used to purchase your pass. During peak times and sunset hours you can visit without a reservation, depending on availability, but you'll need to pay an additional fee of $10 per person. You can find more information about sunset and peak hours in our Hours of Operation section below. Cancellations or changes must be made at least one hour prior to the scheduled booking.
Not for the faint-hearted, Skydeck Chicago gives daredevils a bird’s eye view of the Windy City. This observation deck is located in the world-famous Willis Tower, formerly known as the Skydeck Chicago Sears Tower. You’ll ride 1,353 feet up to the 103rd floor of the tower and get some of the best views of the city. Get your Chicago Skydeck tickets at a discounted rate with Go City!
See four states from the observation tower, as well as popular Chicago landmarks including Navy Pier, Soldier Field, and Magnificent Mile. You’ll also find interactive exhibits and historical photographs to learn about the Chicago Skydeck building’s prestigious history.
In addition to being one of the most famous architectural marvels of the western world, and one of the Seven Wonders of Chicago, Skydeck Chicago offers something a little different in The Ledge. If you’re brave, step out on the glass-floored observation deck and see the city right beneath your feet.
If you head up after 6PM and you’ll be rewarded with an incredible view of the city all lit up.
Skydeck Chicago highlights
Willis Tower Skydeck Kids Club – little ones will enjoy stepping on the interactive digital floor displays and taking part in interactive games, quizzes, scavenger hunts.
The Ledge – get a spine-tingling view on this all-glass balcony which juts out four feet from the building’s edge over Wacker Drive and the Chicago River.
Multimedia Elevators – the fun starts before you get to the view with a ride in the elevator which points out the sights as you pass them.
Skydeck Chicago facts
- Skydeck Chicago has been featured in many movies and TV shows including Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
- The Willis Tower is the eighth tallest building in the world measuring 1,450 feet and 110 stories tall.
- The Willis Tower at Skydeck Chicago was formally called Sears Tower and was the headquarters of Sears Roebuck and company, the largest retailer in the world when the tower was built in 1969.
- The world’s first skyscraper was built in Chicago in 1885. The Home Insurance building boasted ten floors and was demolished in 1931 to make way for the Field Building, which is now known as the LaSalle Bank Building.
Go City is a better way to sightsee. Your pass includes Skydeck Chicago tickets, plus admission to dozens of top Chicago attractions for one money-saving price.
Experience Skydeck Chicago and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
This attraction requires advanced booking.
Enter through the Jackson Boulevard lobby (south side of the building) and proceed down the escalator. At the base of the escalator, you may proceed to the experience entrance on the right to scan your pass . Be sure to have your reservation confirmation email handy. Your pass will be accepted up to 15 minutes prior to your reserved time, but no later than 30 minutes beyond your reserved time.
- All Skydeck Chicago visitors must go through a security check in order to be admitted to the observatory. During peak hours, the security line can be lengthy, but it moves quickly.
- Occasionally, the 99th floor is used for observation instead of the 103 Skydeck Chicago when maintenance is required.
If you fail to cancel or change your booking within the cancellation period your pass will be ineligible for a refund or rebooking.
Where you'll be
233 S. Wacker Dr., (Entrance on Jackson), Chicago, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.