- Only on the All-Inclusive Pass
- Cultural & historical sitesIndoorsTours & cruises
Only on the All-Inclusive PassThis attraction is available on the All-Inclusive Pass, but not the Explorer Pass.
What you'll do
Step back in time and explore the oldest apartment houses in the US.
Visit 1850 House with Go City®
- With us, there are no entry fees on the day – all you've got to do is show your pass.
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of the period house.
- Learn all about the Baroness Micaela.
If you love history and architecture, a trip to the oldest apartment houses in the United States will be right up your street. The 1850 House and State Museum overlooks the picturesque Jackson Square and, if you hadn't guessed by the name, was built in 1850 by the Baroness Micaela Almonester de Pontalba - daughter of the Spanish colonial landowner, Don Andres Almonester y Roxas.
It's now considered to be one of New Orleans’ most significant historic buildings. Explore the striking Parisian characteristics of the house, which has been restored to its former glory. Browse art and décor from the Antebellum era in which the Baroness lived, and see the pretty period furniture pieces of this elegant former residence.
Did you know
- If you look closely, you'll see an 'A and P' monogram that decorates the cast-iron railings. These stand for the Almonaster and Pontalba families.
- It cost Baroness Pontalba over $300,000 to build both rows of Pontakba buildings on either side of Jackson Square.
- The Baroness’ father-in-law tried to kill her at point-blank range while living in France, however, he failed and only left her mutilated.
Go City is a better way to sightsee. Your pass includes 1850 House tickets, plus admission to dozens of top New Orleans attractions for one money-saving price.
Experience 1850 House and many other attractions with the All Inclusive Pass.View the All Inclusive Pass
Know before you go
Getting in: present your pass for admission.
For more information, please visit the 1850 House website.
1850 House ticket help
Simply ask our help team if you have any questions.
Where you'll be
523 St. Ann St, Lower Pontalba Bldg, Jackson Square,, null, New Orleans, US
Buy with confidence
Why choose Go City®?
Save moreOur attraction passes save you more than buying individual tickets - we guarantee it!
Experience moreOur local experts have handpicked the best attractions, tours and activities.
Always easyOne price. One pass. All the top attractions, all on your phone.
Have a 5% discount, on us!
Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, trip inspiration and attraction updates straight to your inbox.